ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application consideration email

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

j666my
Bangladesh

Re: Application consideration email

Post by j666my » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:55 am

j666my wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:26 pm
I sent this email earlier to them

"I am very disappointed with this delay this causing extreme distress to myself and my partner. The least that could've been done is give us a timeframe. We're just left to hope in the blind. We have paid for this service and and feels like you guys are playing with families lives. We applied back in December and i really can't stress how this process and wait is affecting us mentally. I am extremely disappointed and stressed out affecting me on a daily basis. "
THis is the reply i got:

"Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

I can fully understand your feeling. If you apply outside the UK a decision will usually be made within 12 weeks.

It might take longer if your application is complex, for example you:
• do not meet the minimum income requirement
• cannot prove your knowledge of English
• need to attend an interview
• have not provided all the evidence that the Home Office needs
• have a criminal conviction or another personal circumstance that needs to be reviewed

Please visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure if you have a complaint towards your application. "

Tasneempitha
India

Post by Tasneempitha » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:00 am

j666my wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:55 am
j666my wrote:

"I am very disappointed with this delay this causing extreme distress to myself and my partner. The least that could've been done is give us a timeframe. We're just left to hope in the blind. We have paid for this service and and feels like you guys are playing with families lives. We applied back in December and i really can't stress how this process and wait is affecting us mentally. I am extremely disappointed and stressed out affecting me on a daily basis. "
THis is the reply i got:

"Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

I can fully understand your feeling. If you apply outside the UK a decision will usually be made within 12 weeks.

• have a criminal conviction or another personal circumstance that needs to be reviewed

Please visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure if you have a complaint towards your application. "
I got this reply yesterday.

Tasneempitha
India

Post by Tasneempitha » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:02 am

j666my wrote:
j666my wrote:

THis is the reply i got:

Have you got any reply from your MP?

Haider81
Pakistan

Post by Haider81 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:16 am

They are not working on our applications, and sending this type of reply.....

j666my
Bangladesh

Post by j666my » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:32 am

Tasneempitha wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:02 am
j666my wrote:
j666my wrote:

THis is the reply i got:

na not yet besides the one where they said they will contact Home Office for me...

MissingMySpouse
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MissingMySpouse » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:30 am

Anyone apply via adequate maintenance?

I'm about to hit 50WD and not sure an email would be helpful ...

Tasneempitha
India

Post by Tasneempitha » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:38 am

j666my wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:32 am
Tasneempitha wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:02 am
j666my wrote:
j666my wrote:

THis is the reply i got:

na not yet besides the one where they said they will contact Home Office for me...
Ok! I haven't heard from my MP too. Shall keep you guys updated. You guyss update too...... Praying for all of us!

kirannm
United Kingdom

Post by kirannm » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:51 pm

MissingMySpouse wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:30 am

hey, did you receive an application being considered email?
i’ve also applied via adequate maintenance but it’s only been 10WD for me.

kirannm
United Kingdom

Post by kirannm » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:51 pm

MissingMySpouse wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:30 am

hey, did you receive an application being considered email?
i’ve also applied via adequate maintenance but it’s only been 10WD for me.

MissingMySpouse
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MissingMySpouse » Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:38 pm

I did yeah. On the 17th Feb. Biometrics was on the 10th Jan.

erikapgc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by erikapgc » Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:06 pm

erikapgc wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:41 pm
My husband has received the same email exactly on the date it completed 12 weeks since he attended his biometrics appointment (email received on the 1st March 2022). On Monday, 7th March 2022 I called Home Office to know what was happening and they said a decision had already been made on my husband's application and that we should allow 10 working days to receive any further updates. Not 100% happy with this and extremely anxious we called again on the 10th March 2022. The lady I spoke with said the same thing, that a decision had already been made between the time we received that email and the first time I called. She also said that if we didn't receive any update until the 21st March (10 working days from my first call) we should call them again and they would escalate the matter.
What bothers me is the fact that 2 people said a decision has been made but no official email was sent to corroborate that.
Is this normal? If a decision has been made then why are they taking so long to send an email and allow us to collect my husband's passport?
Hi guys! So, following up on this my husband has received an email from the Visa application centre today informing his passport is ready for collection! We've paid a fee an they will now post it to us so t should arrive tomorrow or Friday.
Am I right in assuming he got the Visa? I'm sure if he didn't then Home Office would have sent us an email explaining why right?

j666my
Bangladesh

Post by j666my » Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:11 pm

erikapgc wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:06 pm
erikapgc wrote:
My husband has received the same email exactly on the date it completed 12 weeks since he attended his biometrics appointment (email received on the 1st March 2022). On Monday, 7th March 2022 I called Home Office to know what was happening and they said a decision had already been made on my husband's application and that we should allow 10 working days to receive any further updates. Not 100% happy with this and extremely anxious we called again on the 10th March 2022. The lady I spoke with said the same thing, that a decision had already been made between the time we received that email and the first time I called. She also said that if we didn't receive any update until the 21st March (10 working days from my first call) we should call them again and they would escalate the matter.
What bothers me is the fact that 2 people said a decision has been made but no official email was sent to corroborate that.
Is this normal? If a decision has been made then why are they taking so long to send an email and allow us to collect my husband's passport?
Hi guys! So, following up on this my husband has received an email from the Visa application centre today informing his passport is ready for collection! We've paid a fee an they will now post it to us so t should arrive tomorrow or Friday.
Am I right in assuming he got the Visa? I'm sure if he didn't then Home Office would have sent us an email explaining why right?
Congratulations........what date did he do the biometrics?

erikapgc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by erikapgc » Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:17 pm

j666my wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:11 pm
erikapgc wrote:
erikapgc wrote:
His biometrics appointment was on the 7th December 2021

erikapgc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by erikapgc » Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:17 pm

j666my wrote:
erikapgc wrote:
erikapgc wrote:

Tasneempitha
India

Post by Tasneempitha » Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:47 pm

erikapgc wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:17 pm
j666my wrote:
erikapgc wrote:
erikapgc wrote:
Congratulations! All the very best! Do pray for us as well!

j666my
Bangladesh

Post by j666my » Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:07 am

A post i seen on reddit today posted 2 days ago

mubs1992
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mubs1992 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:21 am

Hi everyone,
Could someone please kindly provide me a email address to contact UKVI, as I want to check the status of my husband application.
Many thanks in advance

MissingMySpouse
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MissingMySpouse » Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:50 am

Hi all, I'm on 50WD today. I sent an email regarding an update on my application. It's still 'awaiting decision'. This is what I got:
UK Visas and Immigration is currently prioritising applications made under the Ukraine Family Scheme, following its launch and in response to the humanitarian crisis arising from the invasion of Ukraine.

As a result, customers with standard applications in study, work, and family routes may experience some delays in the processing of their application.

We are working as quickly as we can to process Visitor visa applications but due to the unprecedented global demand for such visas, UKVI is currently unable to provide timescales for a response.

Where there are extremely compassionate or compelling circumstances (for example, a medical emergency), we may consider expediting specific cases. However, the bar for this is high and will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. If your request is exceptionally urgent you can contact UK Visas and Immigration for help. Please note that this is a chargeable service for overseas customers.

You will be contacted by the relevant team should they require further information from you or when your case has been decided.

Thank you for your continued patience and we apologise for any inconvenience this is causing.

MissingMySpouse
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MissingMySpouse » Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:57 am

mubs1992 wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:21 am
Hi everyone,
Could someone please kindly provide me a email address to contact UKVI, as I want to check the status of my husband application.
Many thanks in advance
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

Haider81
Pakistan

Post by Haider81 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:00 am

mubs1992
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/y

Here you can contact and ask about your application status.

Thank you friends for updating.....

mubs1992
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mubs1992 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:15 am

Update:
I sent an email and this is the reply I got;

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, your visa is still being processed and its status is Awaiting a Decision.
UK Visas and Immigration is currently prioritising applications made under the Ukraine Family Scheme, following its launch and in response to the humanitarian crisis arising from the invasion of Ukraine.

As a result, customers with standard applications in study, work, and family routes may experience some delays in the processing of their application.

We are working as quickly as we can to process Visitor visa applications but due to the unprecedented global demand for such visas, UKVI is currently unable to provide timescales for a response.

Where there are extremely compassionate or compelling circumstances (for example, a medical emergency), we may consider expediting specific cases. However, the bar for this is high and will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. If your request is exceptionally urgent you can contact UK Visas and Immigration for help. Please note that this is a chargeable service for overseas customers.

You will be contacted by the relevant team should they require further information from you or when your case has been decided.

Thank you for your continued patience and we apologise for any inconvenience this is causing.

mubs1992
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mubs1992 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:15 am

Haider81 wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:00 am
mubs1992
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/y

Here you can contact and ask about your application status.

Thank you friends for updating.....
Thank you so much

Haider81
Pakistan

Post by Haider81 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:16 pm

No news for today friends???
No one can tell us when they will start processing our applications.....
May Allah help us....Ameen

MissingMySpouse
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MissingMySpouse » Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:20 pm

mubs1992 wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:15 am
Update:
I sent an email and this is the reply I got;

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, your visa is still being processed and its status is Awaiting a Decision.

I got the exact same stock-reply.

dellledd911
Sri Lanka

Post by dellledd911 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:20 am

j666my wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:10 pm
dellledd911 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:06 pm
j666my wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:04 pm
A tip, if you have already done a paid email previously and got a reply just reply to that email so you don't have to pay again.
Actually, you don't have to pay multiple times if you're following up on the same query. But trust me no matter how much you pay, it's pointless dealing with their staff as they act like scripted robots giving out the same replies. So there's no point in calling them or emailing them multiple times. I have a spouse visa application just like you guys and plus another issue that I have been dealing with them for a month with numerous paid calls and emails and yet no proper response. They took the payments for the initial application that I made, but due to technical problems from their end, their website crashed and gave me an error of payment refused when the payment was taken off my credit card. So they have taken almost 4.5k for my first application which is incomplete and another 4.5k for the second application that I made which went well.
Whats your timeline
Type of visa applied: Settlement spouse visa
Type of application (Priority/Non-Priority): Non-Priority
Application Centre: Cochin
Date of application online: 20/01/2022
Biometrics : 24/01/2022
VFS Email/Mobile message confirming that the application is forwarded to UKVI: 24/01/2022
Email stating "Your Application is currently being prepared for consideration by an ECO": Not yet
Sponsor contacted by UKVI (if applicable): Not Yet
Employer contacted by UKVI (if applicable): Not Yet
Contacted by UKVI: Not Yet
UKVI Decision Making Centre Email: Waiting
Email from VFS for collection: Waiting
Passport Received: Waiting

I wont be contacting HO for any updates until 12 Weeks has been completed.