ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Proficiency

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CheriMini
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

English Proficiency

Post by CheriMini » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:01 pm

Hello.

I need help please.

I am a former UK resident... I lived in the UK from September 2015 to February 2021 on Student visa. I have a UK Bachelor's and Master's degrees.

When I moved to the UK I also did the IELTS Academic Test which I passed with overral 8.5 score.

Now I'm trying to move back to the UK through the Health and Care Worker visa.

The issue is my employer keeps insisting I need to engage Ecctis to show my proof of English proficiency.

I have tried explaining to them that I have 2 UK degrees I studied at 2 recognised UK institutions - Queen Mary University London and Canterbury Christ Church University so I don't need to engage Ecctis. I only need to send degree certificates to the Home Office when I do visa application.

Additionally I also told them it's stated that if you proved your English proficiency in a previous successful UK visa application then you don't have to prove it again. I did so with IELTS Academic when I got my first Student Visa in 2015.

My employer seems to not know or understand all this. I thought as they are sponsoring overseas worker they have an immigration lawyer to advise them accordingly but appears not.

Please is there a document I can share with them or links so they understand my case and position on the English proficiency? I am exhausted from sending emails trying to explain this to them.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: English Proficiency

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:15 pm

CheriMini wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:01 pm
Hello.

I need help please.

I am a former UK resident... I lived in the UK from September 2015 to February 2021 on Student visa. I have a UK Bachelor's and Master's degrees.

When I moved to the UK I also did the IELTS Academic Test which I passed with overral 8.5 score.

Now I'm trying to move back to the UK through the Health and Care Worker visa.

The issue is my employer keeps insisting I need to engage Ecctis to show my proof of English proficiency.

I have tried explaining to them that I have 2 UK degrees I studied at 2 recognised UK institutions - Queen Mary University London and Canterbury Christ Church University so I don't need to engage Ecctis. I only need to send degree certificates to the Home Office when I do visa application.

Additionally I also told them it's stated that if you proved your English proficiency in a previous successful UK visa application then you don't have to prove it again. I did so with IELTS Academic when I got my first Student Visa in 2015.

My employer seems to not know or understand all this. I thought as they are sponsoring overseas worker they have an immigration lawyer to advise them accordingly but appears not.

Please is there a document I can share with them or links so they understand my case and position on the English proficiency? I am exhausted from sending emails trying to explain this to them.
Below reference

https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... of-english

CheriMini
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by CheriMini » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:52 pm

Thank you for your reply.

I don't know how they are failing to comprehend that you only engage Ecctis if your degree is not from the UK and a recognised UK institution.

Please kindly advice if I can also send them the link below though this was written in regards to citizenship and settlement.

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english

I just need them to understand that just because I am now overseas does not make my UK degrees invalid.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:58 am

CheriMini wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:52 pm
Thank you for your reply.

I don't know how they are failing to comprehend that you only engage Ecctis if your degree is not from the UK and a recognised UK institution.

Please kindly advice if I can also send them the link below though this was written in regards to citizenship and settlement.

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english

I just need them to understand that just because I am now overseas does not make my UK degrees invalid.
You can send it to them however not a guarantee it will be accepted. It could be frustrating when you have someone who is looking at a checklist to carry out their job and not ready to consider other approaches could work or substitute a particular item on said checklist.