ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa from abroad interview

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jinijol
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa from abroad interview

Post by jinijol » Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:38 am

Thank you once again, AmazonianX, for your kind words of support.

An update:

It has been almost 5 months (counting only working days) since the day of her submitting biometrics.

Even anonymously I’m afraid to admit it and embarrassed to reveal that we’re still waiting for a decision but we still are.

Does anyone know if waiting this long is a sign - intentional or not - that we are perhaps unlikely to succeed?

As above, we attended the phone interview months and months ago now and it went apparently well enough at the time but did not hear anything afterwards. I then sent a follow up (paid) email and we recieved a response saying the 'query' was being looked into and eventually received another apologising for the delay stating that our application has been referred for a decision as soon as possible but that is soon coming up to a month ago now already since.

Would anyone else be nervous at this point and are we stupid to still believe in the success of this application that our life together depends on? My wife needs me as any vulnerable person does. So for her it is more than just marriage but safety and a guarantee of life itself. And I need her. Any responses are much appreciated. Thanks for reading and for any replies in advance.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:44 am

jinijol wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:38 am
Thank you once again, AmazonianX, for your kind words of support.

An update:

It has been almost 5 months (counting only working days) since the day of her submitting biometrics.

Even anonymously I’m afraid to admit it and embarrassed to reveal that we’re still waiting for a decision but we still are. Nothing to be embarrassed about, forum is replete with delay topics. Not your fault, failings in the system and or the times we are in..

Does anyone know if waiting this long is a sign - intentional or not - that we are perhaps unlikely to succeed? No it is not, decision can be fast but refused and can be delayed and approved.

As above, we attended the phone interview months and months ago now and it went apparently well enough at the time but did not hear anything afterwards. I then sent a follow up (paid) email and we recieved a response saying the 'query' was being looked into and eventually received another apologising for the delay stating that our application has been referred for a decision as soon as possible but that is soon coming up to a month ago now already since. Continue to lean on update by using your paid email enquiry.

Would anyone else be nervous at this point and are we stupid to still believe in the success of this application that our life together depends on? My wife needs me as any vulnerable person does. So for her it is more than just marriage but safety and a guarantee of life itself. And I need her. Any responses are much appreciated. Thanks for reading and for any replies in advance.
The HO has the covid backlog and current situation in Ukraine as reason or excuse depends on how you look at it.
Nervousness? maybe, stupid? no you are not. Check status using paid email service ref that you have already. Get your MP involved.

jinijol
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jinijol » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:18 pm

I regularly feel exhausted after typing one of these posts, not only because I will generally only post once we are getting to our absolute wits' end with worries, doubts and a lack of direction but also because I find it critical to put my feelings and thoughts across as closely as possible. Also to relieve suppressed fears and of course naturally to try to elicit a response that I am hoping for. It is one thing to know intuitively the reasonable things you have responded with and yet having the same intuitive reasoning validated is another.

It is difficult to express how grateful I am of any reply but especially with this one. It is especially important to be honest in difficult times but also to have hope and I am never less awestuck with the fact you have responded everytime with such useful sentiments and so quickly. It really helps and inspires that hope we need the most.

I have sent 2 letters to my local MP already but still awaiting an initial response. I may try other methods of contact with them next and also chase up the email enquiry further.

You really do God's work in your replies, AmazonianX, and I am much obliged. Thank you so much.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:58 pm

It maybe taking time, but it is a complicated case, so maybe they are scrutinising it more. Doesn't mean you will get refusal.

If the worst happens, have you got a backup plan? Something you can immediately do? Have you looked into the PAP process, so you know where to start etc, saves time researching if you find out you didn't get it.

Could you travel to her, and that way you could be together for sometime while you awaiting? You might get good news while you are out there and be able to travel to the UK together.

jinijol
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jinijol » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:10 pm

I agree that it is officially ‘a complicated case’ to them at least but to us it is obviously black and white – let us be together. We made every effort to make it in the application as clear and comprehensible as we could for the ECO who has had just shy of 5 months so it is really causing me to scratch my head at what could possibly be taking them so long. I know there was the covid backlog excuse as AmazonianX pointed out and now Ukraine, but I see these as covers more than anything else: My online research found plenty of people that have heard back and been accepted in far less time – if not in the majority of cases.

We have a backup plan that it is not at all easy or immediate. We hadn’t looked into the PAP process yet as was not aware so this is useful to know.

Sadly moving to stay with her is not viable for various reasons/obstacles.

I plan to send a follow up email on the existing ‘enquiry’ this week; we were hesitant in the past from a fear of rushing or aggravating their processes but as I’ve mentioned patience now really is wearing thin and isn’t leaving us any other choice.

Thanks for your reply and support, THO.

jinijol
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jinijol » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:11 am

We've just received the email stating a decision has been made today and she has been requested to return to the application centre submit her passport as she chose the 'keep your passport' service.

Does anyone know if this still could go either way?

Thanks in advance.

jinijol
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jinijol » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:38 am

From reading other posts apparently this could still be a yes or a no.

So instead I would like to ask, from when she goes to submit her passport, will we then have to wait further for the decision and I believe it will then come through in a letter in the post to her address, can anyone confirm this is correct?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:39 am

jinijol wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:38 am
From reading other posts apparently this could still be a yes or a no.

So instead I would like to ask, from when she goes to submit her passport, will we then have to wait further for the decision and I believe it will then come through in a letter in the post to her address, can anyone confirm this is correct?
Yes.
You are not waiting for the decision as this already made. All things being equal, you are waiting for the visa vignette to be sticked onto her passport and she is then informed to pick up her passport and or documents.

jinijol
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jinijol » Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:00 pm

This is brief only because I wanted to share the news asap in case any one following was in suspense and because the stress of waiting for the result has taken it all out of me.

But it's a yes, we did it - she got the visa!

I am forever indebted to the incredible people who have replied on this forum.

Thank you all so much.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:34 am

I would say you got it. They don't want a passport back if it's a no as no reason for needing it.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:52 am

jinijol wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:00 pm
This is brief only because I wanted to share the news asap in case any one following was in suspense and because the stress of waiting for the result has taken it all out of me.

But it's a yes, we did it - she got the visa!

I am forever indebted to the incredible people who have replied on this forum.

Thank you all so much.
Congratulations to you for your perseverance to be with your loved one despite all the discouraging hurdles hurled at you 👏 💐.
Enjoy.