ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LR Application Date

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

askimg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Exempt Vignette for ILR

Post by askimg » Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:05 pm

Hi ,

I am struck to decide with my situation and need your expertise to suggest on this .
Scenario:
I am currently working on Tier2 ICT(about to finish 5 years by mid of 2022) and i have to go back if i don't find any other visa .
Now i got job offer from an international organization who are ready to provide Exempt vignette for 3 years .
My query is whether this time on Exempt Vignette (3 years) count for 10 years route ILR(combining current ICT visa duration(4.5 years) + exempt vignette(3 years) + some other visa(dependent/skilled worker etc)?

Also whether i can switch to other visa(like dependent /skilled worker) when i am working on Exempt Vignette(during this 3 years period) ?

Thanks in advance .

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Exempt Vignette for ILR

Post by manci » Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:05 pm

An exemption from immigration control, including where an exemption ceases to apply if it is immediately followed by a grant of leave to enter or remain, does count as lawful residence - immigration rule 276A(b)(iii).
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

askimg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by askimg » Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:19 pm

Hi Manci,

Thank you for reply.

Is it possible switching to other visa during Vignette exempt with in UK?

TheBlade
Newly Registered

Post by TheBlade » Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:49 am

It is not possible to switch to other visas inside the UK from exempt vignette because it is not on the list of visas that can make a switch inside the UK (definitely the case for Tier 2, but worth double checking for other visas).

It is also not possible to switch to exempt vignette from inside the UK (but can be done if Foreign Office is pushed hard enough by your prospective employer).

Exempt vignettes do count towards 10 year ILR route and are easily extendable (unless you leave your employment with an international organisation).

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:29 am

mancI and TheBlade are correct. Time spent under the exempt category may be included under Long residence.

Switching from exempt into some categories is possible under the rules.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

askimg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by askimg » Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:19 pm

Thank you vinny and TheBlade for your valuable reply .

askimg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR query with visa switch

Post by askimg » Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:36 pm

Hi

I have a query currently i am on Tier2 ICT and going to switch to Exempt Vignette (new job in an international organization)
My last working day with ICT visa is 30th May 2022 and i got an Exempt Vignette starting from June10th 2022.
As i have no status from 1st June to 9th June and If i travel back to my home country on 30th and come back after 10th June and join new company ,does this count under continuity as i have 5 days break with no valid UK visa and stayed out of UK ?

Thanks in advance .

walexwal
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by walexwal » Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:27 pm

TheBlade wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:49 am
It is not possible to switch to other visas inside the UK from exempt vignette because it is not on the list of visas that can make a switch inside the UK (definitely the case for Tier 2, but worth double checking for other visas).

It is also not possible to switch to exempt vignette from inside the UK (but can be done if Foreign Office is pushed hard enough by your prospective employer).

Exempt vignettes do count towards 10 year ILR route and are easily extendable (unless you leave your employment with an international organisation).
It is possible to switch to an exempt vignette from inside the UK. I switched mine from Tier 4 to an exempt vignette through my employer.

askimg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: ILR query with visa switch

Post by askimg » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:44 pm

Hi Walexwal,

Thanks for the reply.
How long it took for you to get the exempt vignette visa after applying with UKVI?

askimg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by askimg » Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:16 pm

walexwal wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:27 pm
TheBlade wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:49 am

It is possible to switch to an exempt vignette from inside the UK. I switched mine from Tier 4 to an exempt vignette through my employer.
Hi walexwal,

What is the process to switch to exempt Vignette within UK through employer,I am not able to do this online.i need your guidance please.