ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referral for my son

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

expertbuddy
United Kingdom

Referral for my son

Post by expertbuddy » Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:56 pm

Hi Moderators,

Got some clarifications on Referee sign for my child,

"Where the applicant is a child applying, one referee should be a professional who
has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health
visitor, social worker or minister of religion."

My son teacher mentioned he cant sign the application due to giving out personal information.

Any idea how others do it? For GP they dont know him much? Any help or advise would be highly appreciated. As usual, advice from this board help me a lot throught out the process

Thanks

vinny

Re: Referral for my son

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:54 pm

Do you know what (type of) personal information do they require about the teacher that s/he does not want to disclose?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

expertbuddy
United Kingdom

Post by expertbuddy » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:17 am

vinny wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:54 pm
Do you know what (type of) personal information do they require about the teacher that s/he does not want to disclose?
Passport details
DOB
Address for 3 years

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:43 am

Was s/he concerned with identity thief or fraud?

Other Government organisations, such as HMPO, HMRC, DVLA may have some or all of this information already. My guess is that they may just use these details to confirm the referee’s identity and profession.

Alternatively,
Where a child cannot provide a referee who has dealt with them in a professional capacity and has provided documents to show that they have attempted to do so, you can accept 2 referees who meet the criteria for referees on adult applications.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.