ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DOCUMENTS LOST IN THE POST??

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tommy1987
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

DOCUMENTS LOST IN THE POST??

Post by Tommy1987 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:29 pm

Hi everyone.

I'm just about to send off my late grandad's birth, marriage and death certificates with my FBR application form, but I was just wondering if anyone has had any issues with their documents not being returned to them after receiving citizenship? Do they often get 'lost in the post' or is the bureau pretty good for returning docs?
I know I can order original copies but in my current situation, time is of the essence as I'm leaving the country for 8 months in a couple of days, so I can't wait around for the replacements to arrive, especially as the waiting time is still set to 2 years. BTW, has that unofficially changed now or is it still set at 2 years?

Thanks in advance.

corky100
United Kingdom

Re: DOCUMENTS LOST IN THE POST??

Post by corky100 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:28 am

I can only speak for my own experience - I've received and sent a lot of correspondence UK/Ireland and not a single item has been lost (AnPost/Royal Mail) so far (tracked and untracked). I was really worried about this as one of my docs was issued by an organisation that doesn’t exist any more – no getting a replacement at all. It got there safely, and came back by registered post safely.

I always use a plastic bag to post important stuff, with a reference number on the bag and envelope.

Tommy1987
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Tommy1987 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:43 am

Brilliant. Gives me some faith in the system :D
What do mean you use a plastic bag? As in you wrap everything in a bag and put the address & stamps on that? Thanks for the reply

corky100
United Kingdom

Post by corky100 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:44 pm

Well, I would love to see the look on the posties face if I used a CO-OP bag hehehe

Google "polythene envelope"

Tommy1987
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Tommy1987 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:14 pm

Hahah, you joke but I'll admit, that's what I thought 😂😂