ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visitor visa for newly employed in their home country

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

basht
Newly Registered

visitor visa for newly employed in their home country

Post by basht » Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:29 pm

Hello! I live in the UK, and a friend of mine would like to visit me. However, they have only recently started their new job in their home country, and they have been between jobs for a few months before. How many months of employment are going to work as an "economical tie" with their home country?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: visitor visa for newly employed in their home country

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:56 am

basht wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:29 pm
Hello! I live in the UK, and a friend of mine would like to visit me. However, they have only recently started their new job in their home country, and they have been between jobs for a few months before. How many months of employment are going to work as an "economical tie" with their home country?
This is not really specified but would think minimum 6months will be for a start. Do note that other ties should also be evidenced when applying.

basht
Newly Registered

Post by basht » Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:05 pm

> This is not really specified but would think minimum 6months will be for a start
Thank you. 6 months sounds like a lot, I thought of 3. I tried to search for it in any caseworker guidances too but it doesn't seem to be there. I don't suppose there may be an analogy, e.g. when someone supplies an evidence of their income for sponsorship and they've recently changed job, they should specify the previous one, what is "recently" here?

> Do note that other ties should also be evidenced when applying.
I'm not sure if this person has any other ties really: they are single and don't have any property. They have had a couple of British visas before though. Maybe they could supply some tax documents that they are paying tax in their country of residence, I cannot think of anything else.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:11 am

basht wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:05 pm
> This is not really specified but would think minimum 6months will be for a start
Thank you. 6 months sounds like a lot, I thought of 3. I tried to search for it in any caseworker guidances too but it doesn't seem to be there. I don't suppose there may be an analogy, e.g. when someone supplies an evidence of their income for sponsorship and they've recently changed job, they should specify the previous one, what is "recently" here?

> Do note that other ties should also be evidenced when applying.
I'm not sure if this person has any other ties really: they are single and don't have any property. They have had a couple of British visas before though. Maybe they could supply some tax documents that they are paying tax in their country of residence, I cannot think of anything else.
Since had UK visas before, then proceed with such or similar evidence as were used before in obtaining them.