ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is there a time limit for first entry from the date of issue of 5 or 10 year long term UK VISIT visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Curious2012
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Is there a time limit for first entry from the date of issue of 5 or 10 year long term UK VISIT visa

Post by Curious2012 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:01 am

Hello, My relatives were granted 10 year long term VISIT visas for the UK a few weeks ago. Does anyone know if there is a prescribed time limit from the date of issue within which the first entry has to be made? i.e any stipulation for the first entry within say 3 months or 6 months from the date of issue? There is nothing mentioned on the visa as such. I ask because they may have to delay their planned immediate arrival.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Is there a time limit for first entry from the date of issue of 5 or 10 year long term UK VISIT visa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:03 am

No there is no such stipulation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Curious2012
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Is there a time limit for first entry from the date of issue of 5 or 10 year long term UK VISIT visa

Post by Curious2012 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:05 am

Thanks !

AGM23
United Kingdom

Post by AGM23 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:21 pm

I don't see this being an issue however, Your relatives must have mentioned on the application form intended date of travel, any particular reason why they wont be traveling close to that date?