ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial requirement not met

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

meha

Financial requirement not met

Post by meha » Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:36 pm

Hello respected members,

I am trying to help a friend in need.
The applicant has been living in UK for 5 years on spouse visa (on the 5 years route).
However, her partner earns around £7000 per annum and claims public funds and has being doing so for the last 30 months. He was due to start full-time a while ago but COVID situation caused problems at his workplace. But business is picking up and could start full-time soon. But too late to resolve this issue it seems.

They are married but have no children.

Does the applicant have any hope? I guess applying for ILR is out of the question, please correct me.
Can the applicant apply for another FLR application using exceptional circumstances?

I really appreciate your help.

Yours truly,

Meha

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Financial requirement not met

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:15 pm

Your friend can submit a FLR(FP) application. See link below. This will put them on a new 10 year route to settlement, but I believe that once they meet the income level they will be able to apply for ILR without completing the full 10 year period.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-flrfp
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

meha

Re: Financial requirement not met

Post by meha » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:38 pm

Hi Casa,

I really appreciate your answer.
Many thanks!