ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:30 pm

opengl wrote:I've stopped believing this based on all different messages on this forum.

Some in Dec 2006 have been naturalised others in Dec 2005 are still waiting and the website says July 2006 is being processed.
I am the same, totally confused with their process, not sure what July 2006 means, if people in the site here they applied Dec. 2006 and been asked for docs, while some like myself (Aug 06) didn't receive anything yet, plus friend of mine applied on June 2006 and got the letter for extra docs only yesterday !!!!!

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:07 pm

jhbmike wrote:I applied end of December 2006. They requested additional documents in October.
The user jhbmike is the only one who applied in Dec 2006 and got request for additional documents in Oct. So the question is - what makes jhbmike's case special? See some of his old posts -
jhbmike wrote:
My application was accepted on the basis that my great grandfather was irish. I applied after being in the country one year and ive been waiting for a decision for a year now. Im here presently on a s ...

I am one of the lucky few that got a eu1 decision in my favour and got a stamp 4 for 5 years.

just saw that a lot of you got rejected recently had you been waiting long my application is since jan and still no news im frrom south africa

No need to get confused. The normal processing is still done for June 06. There is a separate queue (faster) for people with irish grandfathers.

Folks, to avoid confusion, please provide clearly the following when posting messages.
  • Basis of your application: Default is 5 yr of work/residence.
    Date when applied the naturalisation
    Date when recd confirmation
    Date when recd 2nd confirmation
    Date when recd request for P21

opengl
Newly Registered

Post by opengl » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:11 pm

No need to get confused. The normal processing is still done for June 06.
Its July 2006 now :D

Anyway yes it makes more sense now.

Thanks

Basis of your application: 5 yr work visa 1 yr IBC residence on date of application
Date when applied the naturalisation: 14 July 2006
Date when recd confirmation: 8 Aug 2006
Date when recd 2nd confirmation: Nov 2006
Date when recd request for P21: Not requested so far

Heybabyy

Re: Applied on Aug - 2006

Post by Heybabyy » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:13 pm

ib_dublin wrote:I have applied on Aug-2006. Asked for docs in Oct-2008.
Any idea when should I expect minister's approval :roll:

thanks in anticipation
ib_dublin
You are the second person who got request for docs earlier than the people applied in June 06/July 06.

Would you mind updating the users if your case is different than normal.
  • Did you recd LTR recently?
    Did you applied on basis of 5 year work/residency or some other?
    Is your spouse EU?
    Your nationality (any special .... may be American :) )

luha
Newly Registered

Post by luha » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:24 pm

No need to get confused. The normal processing is still done for June 06. There is a separate queue (faster) for people with irish grandfathers.

Applied in October 06, received letter asking for additional documents in early October 08, sent P21, payslips, bank statements and afidavits. And I definitely don't have irish grandparents.

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:26 pm

Thanks a million Heybabyy, it make more sense now :)

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:27 pm

luha wrote:No need to get confused. The normal processing is still done for June 06. There is a separate queue (faster) for people with irish grandfathers.

Applied in October 06, received letter asking for additional documents in early October 08, sent P21, payslips, bank statements and afidavits. And I definitely don't have irish grandparents.
Back to be confused again :):):)

Luha,
R u married to EU ?

opengl
Newly Registered

Post by opengl » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:33 pm

luha wrote:

Hi luha

Anything special in your case? Like applying for long term residency or applied through TD or anything that makes your case different?

Thanks

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:34 pm

opengl wrote:
luha wrote:

Hi luha

Anything special in your case? Like applying for long term residency or applied through TD or anything that makes your case different?

Thanks
And also original nationality could make a difference, perhaps?

alica
Newly Registered

Post by alica » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:58 pm

Dublin1 wrote:
luha wrote:No need to get confused. The normal processing is still done for June 06. There is a separate queue (faster) for people with irish grandfathers.

Back to be confused again :):):)

Luha,
R u married to EU ?
Just want to confuse you a little bit more - applied mar 2007 - received request for update - june 2008 ... :D
no irish spouse or relatives - applied on the basis on 5 years residency.
I am not sure, that request for P21 and affidafits means that application already in process...
If so - am I just lucky...?

opengl
Newly Registered

Post by opengl » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:01 pm

alica wrote:
Just want to confuse you a little bit more - applied mar 2007 - received request for update - june 2008 ...
no irish spouse or relatives - applied on the basis on 5 years residency.
I am not sure, that request for P21 and affidafits means that application already in process...
If so - am I just lucky...?
Anyone who applied for long term residency got early requests to submit their P21 and affidavits. Did you applied for the 5 yr LTR stamp?

alica
Newly Registered

Post by alica » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:03 pm

no,I did not apply for LTR....
only for citizenship......

opengl
Newly Registered

Post by opengl » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:04 pm

Than you have confused me a lot more :D :D :D

Is current nationality a factor??

alica
Newly Registered

Post by alica » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:07 pm

I stopped to look for logic in MOJ actions long time ago....
I know person, who applied in jun 2005 and still haven't got anything... :(
(the same nationality as me)

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:43 pm

alica wrote:I stopped to look for logic in MOJ actions long time ago....
I know person, who applied in jun 2005 and still haven't got anything... :(
(the same nationality as me)
Well this person should send a letter or call to get explenation to why his application is stuck

I am sure now the posts of Alica and Luha is confusing everybody :):)

we need to hear more from people who applied before July 2006, and didn't hear anything yet.

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:30 pm

A quick question, maybe someone would be able to answer.

After you get the Irish passport, Do you have to stay in Ireland for 1 full year, or can you go travelling for a year or so ?

luha
Newly Registered

Post by luha » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:37 pm

opengl wrote:
luha wrote:

Hi luha

Thanks
I'm not married to EU citizen , didn't contact TD at any stage. We (my husband and I) both recently got LTR, although mine LTR allows me to stay in Ireland for 5 years but I still need work permit (I'm treated as a dependat- at the time of application I was in the contry for 5 years but employed only for 3 years).

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:42 pm

luha wrote:
opengl wrote:
luha wrote:

Hi luha

Thanks
I'm not married to EU citizen , didn't contact TD at any stage. We (my husband and I) both recently got LTR, although mine LTR allows me to stay in Ireland for 5 years but I still need work permit (I'm treated as a dependat- at the time of application I was in the contry for 5 years but employed only for 3 years).
Now we are back to the normal logic, as per other ppl post, you were asked earlier for the document, just because you applied for LTR.

exchangeboy
Newly Registered

Post by exchangeboy » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:10 pm

Hi all,

After reading post page 20-23, i think application at tipp office are processing quicker then application at dublin office. so i think if anyone got response from inis after jun 2006 means application is at tipp office.

My application base on 5 year work permits
Application sent in aug 2007
Ack letter rev'd in Sep 2007
Second letter rev'd in Feb 2008
Addition doc - not rev'd any letter from inis

Friends of mine got approval last month he applied april 2006. he told me his friend who applied in jan 2007 rec'd approval as well.

i hope i will hear something from inis in 6-8 months.

best of luck 2 everyone!

ib_dublin

Re: Applied on Aug - 2006

Post by ib_dublin » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:39 pm

Heybabyy wrote:
ib_dublin wrote:I have applied on Aug-2006. Asked for docs in Oct-2008.
Any idea when should I expect minister's approval :roll:

thanks in anticipation
ib_dublin
You are the second person who got request for docs earlier than the people applied in June 06/July 06.

Would you mind updating the users if your case is different than normal.
  • Did you recd LTR recently?
    Did you applied on basis of 5 year work/residency or some other?
    Is your spouse EU?
    Your nationality (any special .... may be American :) )
As I said before I have sent p21 and p60 in Oct-08 (without asked for)and then they asked me for 3payslip and 3bank statment with ack of p21&p60.
I am just like one of you
Applied Aug06
1st confirmation in Aug06
2nd confirmato in Nov06
I am not american :D
and not married to irish
applied on the bases of 5year work/residancy
Never applied for LTR

called on DOJ and they said there is no time fram, garda verification and minister dcisions are next steps to go

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:28 am

exchangeboy wrote:Hi all,

After reading post page 20-23, i think application at tipp office are processing quicker then application at dublin office. so i think if anyone got response from inis after jun 2006 means application is at tipp office.

My application base on 5 year work permits
Application sent in aug 2007
Ack letter rev'd in Sep 2007
Second letter rev'd in Feb 2008
Addition doc - not rev'd any letter from inis

Friends of mine got approval last month he applied april 2006. he told me his friend who applied in jan 2007 rec'd approval as well.

i hope i will hear something from inis in 6-8 months.

best of luck 2 everyone!
Hi

Just wondering. What did they ask you to submit in the Second letter? your friend's friend applied in jan 2007. did she/he applied with 5 years residency or as something else?

thx
m

esharknz

Post by esharknz » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:27 am

Heybabyy wrote:
jhbmike wrote:I applied end of December 2006. They requested additional documents in October.
The user jhbmike is the only one who applied in Dec 2006 and got request for additional documents in Oct. So the question is - what makes jhbmike's case special? See some of his old posts -
jhbmike wrote:
My application was accepted on the basis that my great grandfather was irish. I applied after being in the country one year and ive been waiting for a decision for a year now. Im here presently on a s ...

I am one of the lucky few that got a eu1 decision in my favour and got a stamp 4 for 5 years.

just saw that a lot of you got rejected recently had you been waiting long my application is since jan and still no news im frrom south africa

Folks, to avoid confusion, please provide clearly the following when posting messages.
  • Basis of your application: Default is 5 yr of work/residence.
    Date when applied the naturalisation
    Date when recd confirmation
    Date when recd 2nd confirmation
    Date when recd request for P21
I'm really interested in this. Has anyone actually successfully naturalised based on Irish great-grandparents (I've three irish born and one born off the boat in Auckland to irish parents) and not fulfilled the 5 years residency?

Lost Soul

Post by Lost Soul » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:54 pm

Hi

I applied in June 2006 on basis of 5 years residency, received confirmation in July 2006 and letter stating that my application was in queue in November 2006.

I sent in P21s as I received them.

Never heard another word.

Phone and write and am always told application with Minister and no decision made.

Very frustrating process!

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:01 pm

Dont worry, someone said earlier - "No news is good news"

There is a backlog of 10K applications but only a handful of people are actually posting messages here. It would be great to hear from people who have -

* Applied in Aug 2005- Dec 2005 and have recd / not recd approval

* Applied in June2006- Aug 2006 and have recd / not recd request for additional doc recently. I know there are some lucky people who have got DoJ's request before they were due.

The details could be -
  • Application basis: 5 year work permits/visa, IBC etc are Default
    Application sent in :
    Ack letter recd in:
    Second letter recd in:
    Addition doc request recd in :
Also if someone can update on post-approval process i.e. how and where to get (quicker) appointment for oath.

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:07 pm

A very good idea and will help everyone.