ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent - Child BRP - how to send additional information to Home Office?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sameeha
Newly Registered

Urgent - Child BRP - how to send additional information to Home Office?

Post by sameeha » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:46 pm

Hello,
I have applied for BRP extension my son (13 years old), he already has an ILR, just applied for new BRP as the earlier one expired. Biometrics submitted back in Jan 22 along-with all other documents on the list.
Yesterday I have received email from Home office requesting for additional proof for his continuous residence in UK. I have got letters from his school proving his attendance. However there is no mention of where to upload those.. The email that I received has 'notmonitored' in the email id.
The UKVI login does not allow me to upload any documents (links disabled). Don't think UKVCAS login(third party) will be the correct place. I have uploaded there, just in case, but I cannot submit the documents there. UKVI telephone line isn't providing any update.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.. we are booked for Easter holidays and cannot leave the country without new BRP in hand.. only fews days in hand. Pls help!
Thank you

sameeha
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent - Child BRP - how to send additional information to Home Office?

Post by sameeha » Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:45 am

Any response pls.. only 4 more working days left.. pls help

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:39 am

If you can reply to their email, then attach the documents in your reply.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sameeha
Newly Registered

Post by sameeha » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 am

OK, thanks Vinny for your reply. I have done that. Was a bit skeptical since the email id is the following atlasnotifications.notmonitored@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and has notmonitored in the id itself.
Anyways, if this is the way to get back to them, then great. Now keeping fingers crossed that the case worker accesses this mailbox soon and finishes processing ASAP! Cutting it really short since we need to receive the new BRP in mail before we can fly.

Btw - just to double check - is there absolutely no way we can leave UK without the new BRP? Essentially my son has the ILR and that is mentioned on the old BRP as well, just that the old BRP has expired and the new one is yet to be received.. we aren't applying for any visa or anything, so it is really risky to leave?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:45 pm

sameeha wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 am
OK, thanks Vinny for your reply. I have done that. Was a bit skeptical since the email id is the following atlasnotifications.notmonitored@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and has notmonitored in the id itself.
I think you are right to be skeptical. If their sending email is not monitored, then it’s likely that they will ignore replies for that email. Then they should have included instructions on how to respond and upload documents within the email that they had sent. If there was no other way of responding other than a “not monitored“ email, then it’s difficult to comply their request.

Complain?

Service complaints
Poor communication (failure to keep customers informed; failure to answer correspondence, return calls etc).
Shouldn’t leave the UK before this is sorted.

Moreover, this caseworker may also be mistaken on where the burden of proof lies.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

sameeha
Newly Registered

Post by sameeha » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:10 pm

OK, thanks for your prompt reply again Vinny. Honestly there were no instructions in the email whatsoever about how to provide the additional documentation - only a threat that we will proceed on the basis of already submitted documents if you don't provide the additional proof!
I might consider a complain (almost feel entitled to), but not sure if that will stop/slow the current process in any way.. anxious wait for the new BRP now :(

Thank you.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:13 pm

If they didn’t give a contact details, then how did they expect applicants to comply and respond? It’s poor communication on their part. Complaining seems to be the only way forward?

sameeha
Newly Registered

Post by sameeha » Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:20 pm

hi,
Happy to inform that I have just received the 'application successful' message from Home Office!
So the conclusion is that we have to reply to the same email - even though it says 'notmonitored' in the email id.
Thank you Vinny for your support. You might want to add this to the FAQ so may help other members (not sure if this is the standard process though, so pls do as you see fit).

Now, last question on this topic - is the Home office email about the BRP application successful enough proof to leave country in case the physical BRP card does not reach us before our flight? or we are better off postponing till the BRP is in our hands?

Thank you.

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:45 pm

It's safer to wait for the BRP. The immigration officer might let him in, but airline staff probably won't because they need to see the physical card.

If you received the decision today, it's highly likely it will arrive this week.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

sameeha
Newly Registered

Post by sameeha » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:08 pm

Thank you ywlgy. By God's grace, BRP arrived by courier today! Just in time for our flight tomorrow.
Grateful for this forum indeed, when there was nowhere to look for any information.

Thank you.