ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Calling v Emailing UKVI Enquiries

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MissingMySpouse
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Calling v Emailing UKVI Enquiries

Post by MissingMySpouse » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:28 pm

Does anyone know if calling UKVI has yielded better results than just emailing them? I find emailing them means they can copy and paste a stock response and fob you off. Is that similar on the phone?

secret.simon

Re: Calling v Emailing UKVI Enquiries

Post by secret.simon » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:35 pm

The UKV&I contact centre for both emails and calls, to the best of my knowledge, is outsourced to a third-party provider.

So you will not be speaking to a Home Office worker anyway, even if you call them. They may be able to give you broad/basic/general information, generally from either prepared scripts or off the gov.uk website.

But don't expect personalised answers specific to your query or ongoing applications.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

JoGreen
Newly Registered
Chile

Re: Calling v Emailing UKVI Enquiries

Post by JoGreen » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:59 am

Is practically the same, they only say your visa is in process and that they are very sorry for the inconveniences the delay may cost you....... :roll: BUT you always can call in 2 more weeks to ask for an update and probably get the same answer.