ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in India to British and Indian parents - RoE or UK Visa ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

seth22
Newly Registered
India

Child born in India to British and Indian parents - RoE or UK Visa ?

Post by seth22 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:49 pm

Hi All,

Myself (British by naturalisation) and my wife (Indian with ILR) are currently in India and we are expecting our second child , due date 15th May. My first child (daughter) is going to start her school (reception) from coming September. so we have about 2.5 to 3 months to sort out travel documents for my second child (to be born). We are looking to travel back to UK by 20th August

I understand applying for a UK passport from India is not going to happen within 3 months. So we will apply for an Indian passport as my wife is Indian.

My question is (which is the quickest way to come to uk so my daughter can start school)

1. I am aware of RoA/CoE application but what is the processing time for this at the uk embassy in India ? is there a priority application route for RoA like tourist visa ?

2. Though my second child will be automatically British , can I still apply for a uk visa under priority route ? what type of visa would that be ? OR will the visa be refused as the child is automatically British ?

Please do suggest if you have any idea about this, it will be of great help.
Thanks in advance

vinny

Re: Child born in India to British and Indian parents - RoE or UK Visa ?

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:51 am

2. They cannot knowingly grant a UK visa to a British child.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

seth22
Newly Registered
India

Post by seth22 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:26 am

Thank you vinny for you reply.

is anyone has any info please do share.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:29 am

CoE-RoA is the only way to go.

Because CoE-RoA requires the same checks as a passport application, I doubt there will be a priority option for that (though I am not sure on this point).

As for the timeline, the Gov.UK website states that it is between six and sixteen weeks.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

seth22
Newly Registered
India

Post by seth22 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:45 am

Thank you @secret.simon