ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2/Skilled Worker Dependent Extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

psmurali89
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier2/Skilled Worker Dependent Extension

Post by psmurali89 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:29 pm

Hi

I got ILR based on 5 years in Tier 2. My wife is in Tier 2 dependent visa, she needs another extension before she qualifies for ILR. I understand she can extend her visa in same category which is now changed to Skilled worker dependant. I used the following link and filled the form.

https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... d-children
extend or switch to your Skilled Worker visa as your partner

The below 2 questions is bit confusing:

* Does (my name) already have their Skilled worker visa - Yes/No

* What visa have they (me) applied for? - In the options I can see skilled worker, Tier 4 etc.

For the first question I guess I need to say yes? and for the second question I need to choose Skilled worker?

Its bit confusing, I don't "have" skilled worked visa now but I "had" Tier 2 visa before and now I have ILR. There's no question in the form asking me if I have ILR or not.

Any help/suggestions will be much appreciated.

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Tier2/Skilled Worker Dependent Extension

Post by ywlgy » Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:35 pm

You are correct on both questions.

The form is mainly prepared for those who are still on Tier 2/skilled worker visa, so expect some inaccuracies.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

lmn64
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by lmn64 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:39 pm

Hi, we have exactly the same question. my husband called home office who said, we shall choose skilled worker. no other choices anyway.

may i ask how to fill the travel and medical treatment record? do we need to fill ALL our travels longer than 15 days and ALL our visits to GP? THANKS

psmurali89
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by psmurali89 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:51 pm

Am adding all the details as far as I can remember including all GP visits. And I spoke top UKVI who advised i need to choose No for the below question as i dont have skilled worker/Tier 2 visa anymore

Does (my name) already
have their Skilled worker visa? - Yes/No - Choose No

For the below question we have to choose skilled worker as there is no ILR option in drop down box.

What visa have they applied for? Skilled worker

Is that how you filled the form? and have you submitted the application?

psmurali89
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by psmurali89 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:17 pm

Ignore the above.. you have to say "Yes" for the question (does your partner already have skilled worker visa).