ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about driving licence in application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

giraffely
Newly Registered
Scotland

Skilled worker dependent application “family group”?

Post by giraffely » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:21 pm

Hi everyone!

My spouse and I are currently applying for our visas as I got a job tht gives sponsorship. I am main applicant and switching from my tier 4 and my spouse is shifting from their tier 4 dependent to skilled worker dependent. I started the application, used the app and confirmed identity and mentioned in the application that my spouse will be applying with me….

They only asked name, dob and nationality and passport num so far…some places i see this advice to “apply together” as “family group” and in the home office website, it say something like “dependent also has to apply to switch their visa and for that they will need your gwf or uan”

Since we are applying within the uk to switch, can anyone pls confirm whether theres anything like a group application?? Or will my spouse have to just log in, start a new application? Very grateful for any help!!

Also…reg IHS, we will be paying full amount for duration of our visa….our current visas are valid until Feb 2023 and we are applying now…will we get six month refund automatically? Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Skilled worker dependent application “family group”?

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:28 pm

2 applications, one each, main applicant and dependent applicant.

IHS is payable for each of you. Unlikely you will get a refund.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

giraffely
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by giraffely » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:34 pm

Thank you!! I was getting very confused as to how my spouse’s details were gonna be taken…. :?

I thot IHS wasnt being refunded only if next application was for ilr….thats a lot of money :? :?

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:13 pm

Your wife can wait until Feb 2023 to switch and quote your UAN in her application.

You can ask for 6 month IHS refund via complaint if it was not automatically refunded. I think there is a chance you will get it because you effectively paid twice for that 6 month duration. This is different from the ILR scenario.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

giraffely
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by giraffely » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:32 pm

Oh that is interesting…i think we r planning to finish it in one go cos of the paperwork involved….rather be done with it lol

So i understand that when we next apply for ilr, even if we have already paid for ihs, theres no refund, rite?

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:13 pm

If you coordinate the timing properly with 5y, or 3y+2y skilled worker visas, you will not have overpaid IHS and therefore no refund due.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

giraffely
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by giraffely » Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:46 pm

Ah…I have a 4 yr CoS…so its going to be a stretch I think…

giraffely
Newly Registered
Scotland

Question about driving licence in application

Post by giraffely » Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:01 pm

Hi again!!! I only have a provisional driving license atm…so is it enuf if I put “no” to this que? Thanks!!

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Question about driving licence in application

Post by ywlgy » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:20 pm

Provisional or not, it is still a driving license.

giraffely
Newly Registered
Scotland

Re: Question about driving licence in application

Post by giraffely » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:25 pm

thanks!