ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Scorecard is a positive development

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ttowners
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Scorecard is a positive development

Post by ttowners » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:30 pm

when you dont work, even as a house wife/ fulltime mom. you wont be able to get a employment detail summary (70pts)

when you didnt use your card often, then you wont be able to use the bank statement part to get points. (50pts)

not sure about the social annual statement, since no one knows what they are looking for in there.. (50pts)

50pts for PTB /PRTB if only your rental were probably done and register, not living in someone else's spare rooms... (while rent are crazy high and even when you want to pay, you will have to have luck to be picked by the landlords)

bills - ele bills could have your name if lucky when sharing home or living with spouse or family, but proof of payment may not always be in your own name.. (they didnt mention payment proof has to be in your name, in fact .. nothing written to say any of the proof has to be in your name.. ) (and even if the proof of connection are made, its only a 10pts.. )

when you buy a house with cash.. you wont get "mortgage statement" and PTB then ... that's 50pts a year gone..

doc.. when doc in Ireland are like.. go drink 7up.. i myself been here for the 6th year, and still not sick enough to be registered for a GP.. .. .. so that's another 25pts gone...

so so far.. if all the above happens.. I think I'll get 10pts a year if lucky...

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:04 pm

I do hope they'll get to revamping it soon enough.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Nala2021
Greece

Post by Nala2021 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:47 pm

ttowners wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:30 pm
when you dont work, even as a house wife/ fulltime mom. you wont be able to get a employment detail summary (70pts)

when you didnt use your card often, then you wont be able to use the bank statement part to get points. (50pts)

not sure about the social annual statement, since no one knows what they are looking for in there.. (50pts)

50pts for PTB /PRTB if only your rental were probably done and register, not living in someone else's spare rooms... (while rent are crazy high and even when you want to pay, you will have to have luck to be picked by the landlords)

bills - ele bills could have your name if lucky when sharing home or living with spouse or family, but proof of payment may not always be in your own name.. (they didnt mention payment proof has to be in your name, in fact .. nothing written to say any of the proof has to be in your name.. ) (and even if the proof of connection are made, its only a 10pts.. )

when you buy a house with cash.. you wont get "mortgage statement" and PTB then ... that's 50pts a year gone..

doc.. when doc in Ireland are like.. go drink 7up.. i myself been here for the 6th year, and still not sick enough to be registered for a GP.. .. .. so that's another 25pts gone...

so so far.. if all the above happens.. I think I'll get 10pts a year if lucky...
Why can't a housewife use the employment summary of her husband? At the end of the day, they would need it as proof that she (or he for a house husband) is fully supported financially.

Londonsangel
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Londonsangel » Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:23 pm

Harshad93 wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:05 pm
The scorecard approach doesn't consider ground realities -

[1] Some banks don't auto-generate bank statements. So, you have to request to generate the bank statement on a monthly basis from your bank on day 1. This is also needed to ensure that the issue date is in the year you want to show your residency proof.

[2] In a family of 2, only one of them is going to pay the rent if they live under the same roof. What the spouse can show as proof of payment (as needed for rental agreement)?

[3] If your spouse is not earning, what they can show - a bank statement? Why would they have separate bank accounts paying maintenance fees - they would just use the income earner's account

[4] Due to the rising cost of living, some families live in sharing with other tenants - how they can get rental agreements, utility bills etc?

Citizenship requirements should be quite straightforward -
[1] Should have paid taxes for all 5 years
[2] Should have legal residence
[3] Should have reckonable residence (can use entry/exit data with immigration)

If the spouse is not working, then the main income holder's proofs (Employment Detail Summary/Bank Statements) should be considered with legal, reckonable requirements

6-weeks requirement is the most ludicrous of all. As long the person is tax resident in Ireland (stayed for 183 days or more per year) should be more than sufficient. What the person spends for the rest of the time shouldn't be of concern - we have families to visit, tours etc.

I understand that we can't demand anything and it's not a right/entitlement for us. But we can only ask that the requirements be reasonable.

There should be other checks to weed out fraudulent applications.
I am busy with mine today and pulling my hair out 😖

We have lived in 2 rentals and it’s always come off my husband’s bank, I don’t earn as much, , and now I saved all my banks statements but never needed his. So how do I send proof of payment.

Same story with gas and electricity, off his bank. And not got the statements that far back for proof of payment. I don’t go to doctors or hospitals so lose those points. So so many proofs I saved for 5 years and a lot of them don’t get used anymore. This should not count for us doing our five year this year as we already have all the old proofs.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:49 pm

Londonsangel wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:23 pm

I am busy with mine today and pulling my hair out 😖

We have lived in 2 rentals and it’s always come off my husband’s bank, I don’t earn as much, , and now I saved all my banks statements but never needed his. So how do I send proof of payment.

Same story with gas and electricity, off his bank. And not got the statements that far back for proof of payment. I don’t go to doctors or hospitals so lose those points. So so many proofs I saved for 5 years and a lot of them don’t get used anymore. This should not count for us doing our five year this year as we already have all the old proofs.
Whatever evidence you have collected for the last 5 years I believe it can still be used in my opinion. One member here posted an update in which the Minister of Justice advises in circumstances such as yours that an Affidavit can be used detailing the reason you can’t meet the new scorecard points. It would make sense you attach with the Affidavit all the evidence you’ve collected. My suspicion is that your husband’s bank statements and utility bills will need to be provided as part of the Affidavit but your solicitor or Commissioner of Oath will guide you through I suspect.

See post:
https://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/PQ-01-03-2022-606

lovebino
Ireland

Post by lovebino » Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:02 am

The scoredcard is stupid enough. Many people collected their proofs in the past five years, and with this scoredcard is applied now, their proofs are suddenly useless. I think, if Ireland really welcome immigrants and is happy for them to be naturatilased then they should at least allow people to continue to use proofs collected before 01.Jan.2022, and then applied scoredcard from that date. I think they are trying to reduce the number of applications to clear the backlog due to failure of meeting the target.

If you go to public hostpital or public sector, you would imagine how they work. I would think the same for this department in the past.

Not sure how OP thought that is is a possitive development.