ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Card Option Not Available For Minor?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Passport Card Option Not Available For Minor?

Post by johnpromise01 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:01 pm

I've been trying to use the passport online for my child recently naturalised as an Irish citizen ag 12. I understand i have to provide his original certificate of naturalisation and birth certificate (born in Ireland after 2005). But to my surprise i couldn't find the option to select Passport + Passport Card and i wonder why there is only option to select passport book and not passport card. Anyone experience this? Also do i need to include proof of name and residence for my child?

Br28016-1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Passport Card Option Not Available For Minor?

Post by Br28016-1 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:54 pm

From web page

https://www.dfa.ie/passportcard/

Under 18
You can only get a Passport Card with a Passport Book as part of a bundle which is an option you can select when renewing your child’s passport online.
Passport Cards for under 18s will be valid for the same period as the Passport Book

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:10 pm

Br28016-1 wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:54 pm
From web page

https://www.dfa.ie/passportcard/

Under 18
You can only get a Passport Card with a Passport Book as part of a bundle which is an option you can select when renewing your child’s passport online.
Passport Cards for under 18s will be valid for the same period as the Passport Book
Thanks. But i am not renewing. I am applying for first Irish passport for my child, but the option only have passport book". There is no option of Passport book & passport card, see attached. I selected "NO" for question "My child’s most recent passport was issued less than 15 years ago" since it's his first Irish passport.
Attachments
Passport book.png
Passport book.png (41.91 KiB) Viewed 522 times

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:18 pm

I guess i should selected YES to this question? "My child’s most recent passport was issued less than 15 years ago"? Does the above question mean most recent Irish passport? Or non Irish passport issued less than 15 years ago? And if go and select YES, it would appear as if i am renewing for my child when actually i am applying for his first Irish passport.

Br28016-1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Br28016-1 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:04 pm

My reading of the guidance is if applying for first child passport cannot get a passport card. None of passport applications that I did for three children gave me option of getting passport card. Assume will be an option in several years when I renew them.

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:12 pm

Br28016-1 wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:04 pm
My reading of the guidance is if applying for first child passport cannot get a passport card. None of passport applications that I did for three children gave me option of getting passport card. Assume will be an option in several years when I renew them.
Oh i see. Now i undertstand. Many thanks