ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea family permit

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Haleysaur
Newly Registered

eea family permit

Post by Haleysaur » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:27 pm

Hi There, I am terrified that I will get rejected for this permit. next week I have to get my biometrics collected and the get all my docs in. My husband is an irish cit currently in school in London (i am from the us), but his course ends on November 15th. He plans on enrolling in a followup course, but we are trying to figure out the money situation. Will they reject me based on the fact that his course is ending before the date of mid- december that i plan to come over? he is not working as he is in an intensive course. Also, do they really expect u to book a flight when there is a chance u can be rejected? any info would be helpful. Thanks a million!

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:35 pm

Haleysaur, welcome to the forum.

Can he provide documentary evidence that he will be exercising EU treaty rights (studying) when you plan to join him?

Also, would he be able to get a job? Just one day a week if nothing else. It will help your application and will also mean that you don't have to get private health insurance.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Haleysaur
Newly Registered

Post by Haleysaur » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:51 pm

Well he has enrollment papers for his course, but like I said it ends on the 15th of November. He has to have graduated from the first course in order to enroll in the second component. (its for plumbing levels)I should have applied earlier to avoid this issue. We are just trying to figure out a way to get me over there before Christmas. I guess he could get a job for one day a week in the meantime, but do u think that would really help? Another question is if he gets a job right after he gets his plumbing cert, does he have hold the job for a certain length of time before I can come over and will they factor in that he has been in school over there for the past few months? I appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:00 pm

To be honest with you, it makes no different.

Studying in an EU country other than your own is exercising a treaty right, just as working there is.

So long as your husband can evidence that he is exercising a treaty right now, and will do so when you join him, your application cannot be refused.

His current course ends on 15th of November, and he must finish this course before he enrols on the second course. By the time you come over, he will be on the second course.

The important thing is, can he prove that he is on his current course now, and can he prove, beyond reasonable doubt, that he will be on his second course as soon as his first one finishes?

If yes, you have nothing to worry about.

But, last resort, meet him in Ireland and take a flight to Britain together! (tongue in cheek).

Haleysaur
Newly Registered

Post by Haleysaur » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:04 pm

ok cool thanks so much for your help! I think we can manage that. One more quick question....do u know how long it will take for the consulate to make a decision after they have my info? Thanks again!

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:10 pm

Haleysaur wrote:ok cool thanks so much for your help! I think we can manage that. One more quick question....do u know how long it will take for the consulate to make a decision after they have my info? Thanks again!
When I sent an EEA FP application to the British Embassy in Dublin for my wife (when we were planning to move from Ireland to the UK - didn't happen in the end), I sent the application on the Monday, they received on Tuesday, sent it back to us on Wednesday, by Thursday we had the EEA FP in our hands (well, in the passport which was in our hands).

Maybe we were lucky. But I do know that EEA FPs are meant to be issued as quickly as possible, free of charge.

Haleysaur
Newly Registered

Post by Haleysaur » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:23 pm

thanks again for all of ur help!

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:32 pm

Haleysaur wrote:thanks again for all of ur help!
Great success!

soul.biz

EEA FP: Same day!

Post by soul.biz » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:25 pm

Hi there,

We applied first online, then went in Person to the British Consulate in Madrid to give Biometrics and Docs, and got the passport back 4 hours later with FP approved!!!

Best of luck!!!!

Haleysaur
Newly Registered

Post by Haleysaur » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:08 am

I'm supposed to get my biometrics next week. I am a little worried now, because i have some money saved for moving over there so i can get settled and have a job, but my husband was depending on his parents and me for support while he was in school. His course ends on November 15th and he will now need to look for work until we can get the financing for his school sorted out. Based on the fact that his course is ending and he won't be enrolling in the second part of the course until we get it sorted, it seems like at this juncture I will get denied. Technically I could pay for the course, but it would leave me with a lot less to show that I can support myself while i look for work. I just don't know if its better off to leave it until these things get sorted or if i have any chance at all as things stand today? I really miss my husband and want to get over there asap. Anyone have any advise or know anything about my odds? Thanks again