ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child applying for Right of Abode

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

peakdis
Newly Registered
China

Child applying for Right of Abode

Post by peakdis » Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:40 pm

Hi,

My daughter was born in 2019 when I was on a Tier 2 work visa. I have now applied for an ILR and will expect to get it soon. We are planning to apply for a certificate of ROA for her, instead of a British passport. I am confused about the process. What should we do? Should we register her as a citizen before we apply for the ROA certificate?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child applying for Right of Abode

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:46 pm

You have to apply to register her as British first on form MN1 once either parent is granted ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

peakdis
Newly Registered
China

Post by peakdis » Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:16 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:46 pm
You have to apply to register her as British first on form MN1 once either parent is granted ILR.
Thank you. As we currently have an application for the ILR, is she allowed to register while we are waiting for the ILR decision?

peakdis
Newly Registered
China

Post by peakdis » Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:59 pm

CR001 wrote:
Do you think it is allowed that we apply for her citizenship online now, but book UKVCAS on a day after we will receive our new BRP (we paid for priority service for the ILR application)?

It's so hard to get an early UKVCAS appointment and doing so may save us some time?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:34 pm

You will have to be on ILR on the date when you apply for your daughter's registration. This is the date you "submit/pay" the MN1 application.
The biometrics appointment date is not relevant, though I appreciate these are not always easy to book (as many applicants experience).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

peakdis
Newly Registered
China

Post by peakdis » Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:50 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:34 pm
You will have to be on ILR on the date when you apply for your daughter's registration. This is the date you "submit/pay" the MN1 application.
The biometrics appointment date is not relevant, though I appreciate these are not always easy to book (as many applicants experience).
I see. Thank you.

peakdis
Newly Registered
China

Post by peakdis » Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:37 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:34 pm
Hi, we are considering visiting China in the coming months - we haven't visited since the birth of the child due to covid. Will my daughter be allowed to go abroad after she obtains UK citizenship? If we travel before she applies for the ROA here, she will have to apply in China otherwise she will not be able to come back. Is there any chance for her ROA application to be rejected if she applies it from China?

Sorry for all the questions. We have to consider every detail before we make our travel plan.

Thank you.

peakdis
Newly Registered
China

Post by peakdis » Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:24 pm

CR001 wrote:
Hi, we are considering visiting China in the coming months - we haven't visited since the birth of the child due to covid. Will my daughter be allowed to go abroad after she obtains UK citizenship? If we travel before she applies for the ROA here, she will have to apply in China otherwise she will not be able to come back. Is there any chance for her ROA application to be rejected if she applies it from China?

Sorry for all the questions. We have to consider every detail before we make our travel plan.

Thank you.