ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse of British citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dude_123

Spouse of British citizen

Post by dude_123 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:30 pm

Hi guys my wife is applying for citizenship as a spouse of British citizen (husband).

Does she need to prove absences?

Does she need to attach all old passports?

On an guideline , it says if you don't pay ni or income tax , then attach self assessment statement of account to discharge your obligation, is this required?

On gov website Page it says , provide 2 referees but there is no guidelines given on an guide , where can I find more details on that?

She will attach

Indian passport(current)
Naric certificate for English
Life in uk reference number
Provisional Driving licence
Brp(ilr)
Husband British passport
Marriage certificate

Do we need to attach any other documents?

Thanks for inputs

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Spouse of British citizen

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:00 pm

dude_123 wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:30 pm
Hi guys my wife is applying for citizenship as a spouse of British citizen (husband).

Does she need to prove absences? No - just list them for the 3 year residency period.

Does she need to attach all old passports? No, just the passport(s) covering the residency period.

On an guideline , it says if you don't pay ni or income tax , then attach self assessment statement of account to discharge your obligation, is this required? That is if you are self-employed. You are not required to pay taxes or NI if you are not obliged to. There are no financial requirements in terms of income/taxes/benefits/NI/etc.

On gov website Page it says , provide 2 referees but there is no guidelines given on an guide , where can I find more details on that?
see here: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf
She will attach

Indian passport(current)
Naric certificate for English
Life in uk reference number
Provisional Driving licence why? - not required
Brp(ilr)
Husband British passport
Marriage certificate

Do we need to attach any other documents? referee declarations

Thanks for inputs
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.