ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

From when reckonable residence starts ? Stamp 1 Approval letter or GNIB card issue date?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GardropFuat
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

From when reckonable residence starts ? Stamp 1 Approval letter or GNIB card issue date?

Post by GardropFuat » Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:48 pm

Hello people again, just a quick question: From when reckonable residence starts counting?

From stamp 1 approval letter or first GNIB Card (Stamp 1 of course) issue date?

Let's say I got my approval letter in July 2020, and did renew received my GNIB Card in September 2020.

Thank you very much :)

meself2
Ireland

Re: From when reckonable residence starts ? Stamp 1 Approval letter or GNIB card issue date?

Post by meself2 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:55 pm

What exactly do you mean by approval letter? Does it state that it gives you immigration permission till X date, or it's a work permit/etc one?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

GardropFuat
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Re: From when reckonable residence starts ? Stamp 1 Approval letter or GNIB card issue date?

Post by GardropFuat » Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:59 pm

meself2 wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:55 pm
What exactly do you mean by approval letter? Does it state that it gives you immigration permission till X date, or it's a work permit/etc one?
Hello there, yeah it is a work permit. And people renew it every year.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:14 pm

GardropFuat wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:59 pm
meself2 wrote:
Hi! Where are my manners...

Anyways, if I understood you correctly and first email you got was in regards to work permit, I would opt for the date of GNIB card issue. Having a permit doesn't always mean you're an Irish resident - you might not go to work/not be let in at the border/etc. When you're registered, you've shown you're here and ready to work.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

GardropFuat
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Post by GardropFuat » Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:17 pm

meself2 wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:14 pm
GardropFuat wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:59 pm
meself2 wrote:
Hi! Where are my manners...

Anyways, if I understood you correctly and first email you got was in regards to work permit, I would opt for the date of GNIB card issue. Having a permit doesn't always mean you're an Irish resident - you might not go to work/not be let in at the border/etc. When you're registered, you've shown you're here and ready to work.
No problem :)

I got your point yeah. It is 3 pages of the letter that says okay "You are granted Stamp 1; go and register ASAP". So I agree with you, probably from GNIB Card issue date onwards rec.cit. starts counting.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:43 pm

GardropFuat wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:48 pm
Hello people again, just a quick question: From when reckonable residence starts counting?

From stamp 1 approval letter or first GNIB Card (Stamp 1 of course) issue date?

Let's say I got my approval letter in July 2020, and did renew received my GNIB Card in September 2020.

Thank you very much :)
Reckonable residence starts from the date of first residence stamp on your passport and it goes on for a year. When you first register yourself, not the green stamp they put on border control either.

Edit: End of your reckonable residence is aligned with your work permit date, it would be less than 1 year in your first registration usually.