ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

new point system ???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zhassan

new point system ???

Post by zhassan » Mon May 16, 2005 12:04 pm

Hi Moderators,
When new point system will be introduced?Does anyone has got some concrete information about this issue?

TIA
ZIA

Chess
Diamond Member

Re: new point system ???

Post by Chess » Mon May 16, 2005 1:44 pm

zhassan wrote:Hi Moderators,
When new point system will be introduced?Does anyone has got some concrete information about this issue?

TIA
Now that elections are over, the new schemes will start rolling out - and they are currently being worked on.

I expect it will take between 12 to 24 months before the new system is up and running. (earliest period will be 2007/2008
Where there is a will there is a way.

EdgeHillMole

Post by EdgeHillMole » Tue May 17, 2005 2:31 am

I expect it will take between 12 to 24 months before the new system is up and running. (earliest period will be 2007/2008
Hi Chess, what if us 2004 applicants still have not made it through the decision queue by then?

:wink:
PROUD to be part of the 2008 European Capital of Culture

AlexStiva
Newly Registered

Post by AlexStiva » Wed May 18, 2005 2:29 am

EdgeHillMole wrote:
Hi Chess, what if us 2004 applicants still have not made it through the decision queue by then?

:wink:
Maybe you will be able to devolve your reference number to your descendants ....don't forget to put a statement in your testament ;)

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Wed May 18, 2005 9:32 am

Alex

Jun-Aug '04 applicants are already facing a difficult time due to unfair treatment to them by home office for no fault of their own. It must be very bad to see people applying months after them getting their decision and planning their future accordingly whereas they are stuck for months. It is not right to make fun of these applicants.

EdgeHillMole

Post by EdgeHillMole » Wed May 18, 2005 8:32 pm

I am an October 2004 applicant in the '2004 long-wait' queue, and I thought AlexStiva's comment was hilarious. (LOL)

In fact, this wait is SO bad, I might actually take up his suggestion and consult an attorney to figure out how I can bequeath my HSMP application in my Last Will and Testament, in case I die of old age (I'm 34) before making it to the front of this queue.... :twisted:
PROUD to be part of the 2008 European Capital of Culture