ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

sending application without the 150 points required?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

toby2020
Newly Registered
Ireland

sending application without the 150 points required?

Post by toby2020 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:34 pm

Hi,

Sending in my wifes application for Irish naturalisation based on living on the island for 3 years with her irish spouse

we have lived in Belfast for over the required 3 years but we are struggling to get proofs for the new 150 points system as most bills are card top ups like electric and gas and rates are included in rent so no prrof with that, she has a bank account and we have a few different tenency agreements over the 3 years, she has plenty of doctors letters as she had a baby last year, also our baby is now an Irish citizen, also have other letters that were sent over the years which maybe can be used, i know i need to send proofs also but that should'nt be a problem as i have plenty to send with my name

I'm just going to send everything we have with the rest of the completed apllication and wait and see what will be the outcome of it, i'm not sure how they will proceed will it get rejected?

We really have no choice only to send as getting all these proofs is going to be impossible going forward,

What do people think are we wasting our time and money??

meself2
Ireland

Re: sending application without the 150 points required?

Post by meself2 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:51 pm

I think if you submit what you have with covering letter you'll have a decent chance of this going forward. They're already planning to change the scorecard, so I guess they understand it might be a bit too complicated to get all this, especially since it was completely different before.
If you want to be extra safe - create copies of things you can't get again and submit the copies, so you can apply again.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

toby2020
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by toby2020 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:59 am

meself2 wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:51 pm
I think if you submit what you have with covering letter you'll have a decent chance of this going forward. They're already planning to change the scorecard, so I guess they understand it might be a bit too complicated to get all this, especially since it was completely different before.
If you want to be extra safe - create copies of things you can't get again and submit the copies, so you can apply again.
Thanks for your reply

yes will be sending cover letters to explain everything, i really do hope they can make this new system easier for people because the way it is now is so hard to get the proofs,

Seeing solicitor tomorrow to get everything certified and stamped and just received the bank draft by post a few days ago from my mother in cork so all good to go,

sooner we get it sent the better at least then we are in the looong queue, i have no doubt it will take a few years and with the department contacting me looking for more who knows what the outcome will be but at least it will be a start.

cheers take care

ailA2019
Ireland

Post by ailA2019 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:34 am

just submit a sworn statement to that effect. you will be fine. I did for my wife and yesterday received a letter saying Your application is being processed ...blab..blab..blab.

FidoDido29
Ireland

Post by FidoDido29 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:12 am

meself2 wrote:
Hi @meself2,

Where did you hear about the change to scorecard approach? This new approach was introduced just 3 months ago and I am wondering why would they change it?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:17 am

FidoDido29 wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:12 am
meself2 wrote:
Hi @meself2,

Where did you hear about the change to scorecard approach? This new approach was introduced just 3 months ago and I am wondering why would they change it?
https://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/PQ-01-03-2022-606
My Department is aware that for certain applicants the scorecard may not have addressed their individual circumstances. Accordingly a review is currently ongoing with a view to issuing updated guidance by the end of March 2022.
In these cases, the applicant can provide an affidavit detailing their situation and submit this with their application for naturalisation.
I'd assume that "updated guidance" will lead to some sort of changes to simplify what's going on at the moment.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:20 am

There was a question to minister about current scoreboard being not clear and she answered as "at the end of the March we will update the table to include more proof options and bring more clarity". So based on her answer we can assume the scoreboard approach will stay but they will include more accepted documents and update the table. But afaik the table is not updated yet, at least there was no news about it.

edit: meself2 provided the relevant link, I forgot to post my answer!

honda99
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by honda99 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:17 am

toby2020 wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:34 pm
Hi,

Sending in my wifes application for Irish naturalisation based on living on the island for 3 years with her irish spouse

we have lived in Belfast for over the required 3 years but we are struggling to get proofs for the new 150 points system as most bills are card top ups like electric and gas and rates are included in rent so no prrof with that, she has a bank account and we have a few different tenency agreements over the 3 years, she has plenty of doctors letters as she had a baby last year, also our baby is now an Irish citizen, also have other letters that were sent over the years which maybe can be used, i know i need to send proofs also but that should'nt be a problem as i have plenty to send with my name

I'm just going to send everything we have with the rest of the completed apllication and wait and see what will be the outcome of it, i'm not sure how they will proceed will it get rejected?

We really have no choice only to send as getting all these proofs is going to be impossible going forward,

What do people think are we wasting our time and money??
Sent my non eu husbands in a few weeks ago and did more or less the same what you are doing, just didn't have enough points that they want, we just got everything that we have have and photocopied all and sent them on with application.

i'm sure there will be a high percentage doing the same.

Just a waiting game now.

Best of luck to you and others.