ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No biometric appointments (anywhere)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nickmpco

No biometric appointments (anywhere)

Post by nickmpco » Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:33 am

Have been checking UKCVAS website at 9am and midnight when I understand slots are released - but we haven't been able to find anything anywhere in the country. Has anybody else had a similar problem? We are checking every day.

hassanemam
Egypt

Re: No biometric appointments (anywhere)

Post by hassanemam » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:47 am

I had a similar issue and I figured out that they have blocked me booking any appointments as UKVI where checking my eligibility to apply using IDV app. After getting confirmation that I can use the app, appointments were available but I did not need them as I used the app to submit my application

nickmpco

Post by nickmpco » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:31 am

Thank you! That would make sense as we just had biometrics a couple of months back for ILR. How did you confirm this? Was it through UKCVAS?

SarjanNartan
Newly Registered
India

Post by SarjanNartan » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:35 am

I have a similar issue. I am
Waiting since 20th March to get confirmation for IDV. I received email from UKVCAS to wait until confirmation so I guess no appointments can be booked.
Just wanted to find out can you upload document on UKVCAS portal before or not?? If you know can you please advise. Thanks

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:32 am

They are changing the way they do biometrics. Applicants now receive an email with subject: Important information about your application to UKVI, that reads:
Dear [applicant's name],

If you have received this message on behalf of the lead applicant, please ensure they are informed immediately.

UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) is currently assessing whether your application can be progressed via the Identity Verification app (IDV app).

UKVI aim to carry out this checking process within 7-10 working days from registration with UKVCAS/UKVI. You can not book an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point or use the IDV app until we contact you again.

UKVI and UKVCAS (UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services) have worked together to develop the IDV app. This involves reusing biometrics (fingerprints) that have been recorded in a previous application as part of the process to verify your identity. If you want to know more about this, visit the UKVI website.

The UKVCAS IDV app lets you submit application information to UKVI without having to book or attend a UKVCAS appointment. This new, free to use way of submitting information to UKVI also involves taking a photo of yourself and uploading supporting information onto your mobile device.

UKVCAS will be in touch once we have heard from UKVI to tell you to either use the IDV app or to book a UKVCAS appointment. If you need further information, please check the website FAQs before contacting us.

Note: You will NOT be able to book an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point or use the IDV app until we contact you again.

UKVI has assured us that your immigration status remains unaffected in the meantime.

What happens next?

Once UKVI have made a decision whether your application can be progressed on the IDV app, they will tell UKVCAS
UKVCAS will send you an email inviting you to either:
Download the IDV app or
Book an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point
Check your registered UKVCAS email address for an email from UKVCAS over the next few weeks. The email may have gone into your Junk or Spam email folders
You will not be able to use the IDV app unless you receive an invitation from UKVCAS.
What if I need an outcome on my application due to compassionate or emergency reasons?

Contact UKVI for further information here.
If you do not have a passport or a travel document, please contact UKVI for further advice here.

Kind regards

UKVCAS
So if at all you can't book biometrics, that's why. Check your email and spam folders!!!

As per the email, we need to wait until they confirm we should book biometrics. We might be able to recycle the last biometrics, and complete the application via the app instead.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:23 pm

SarjanNartan wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:35 am

Just wanted to find out can you upload document on UKVCAS portal before or not??
If you try to do this yourself, you would know the answer is yes, you can. No need wait until someone else does it to know the answer...
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

EddieSpeaks
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by EddieSpeaks » Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:10 am

kamoe wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:32 am
They are changing the way they do biometrics. Applicants now receive an email with subject: Important information about your application to UKVI, that reads:
Dear [applicant's name],

If you have received this message on behalf of the lead applicant, please ensure they are informed immediately.

UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) is currently assessing whether your application can be progressed via the Identity Verification app (IDV app).

UKVI aim to carry out this checking process within 7-10 working days from registration with UKVCAS/UKVI. You can not book an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point or use the IDV app until we contact you again.

UKVI and UKVCAS (UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services) have worked together to develop the IDV app. This involves reusing biometrics (fingerprints) that have been recorded in a previous application as part of the process to verify your identity. If you want to know more about this, visit the UKVI website.

The UKVCAS IDV app lets you submit application information to UKVI without having to book or attend a UKVCAS appointment. This new, free to use way of submitting information to UKVI also involves taking a photo of yourself and uploading supporting information onto your mobile device.

UKVCAS will be in touch once we have heard from UKVI to tell you to either use the IDV app or to book a UKVCAS appointment. If you need further information, please check the website FAQs before contacting us.

Note: You will NOT be able to book an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point or use the IDV app until we contact you again.

UKVI has assured us that your immigration status remains unaffected in the meantime.

What happens next?

Once UKVI have made a decision whether your application can be progressed on the IDV app, they will tell UKVCAS
UKVCAS will send you an email inviting you to either:
Download the IDV app or
Book an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point
Check your registered UKVCAS email address for an email from UKVCAS over the next few weeks. The email may have gone into your Junk or Spam email folders
You will not be able to use the IDV app unless you receive an invitation from UKVCAS.
What if I need an outcome on my application due to compassionate or emergency reasons?

Contact UKVI for further information here.
If you do not have a passport or a travel document, please contact UKVI for further advice here.

Kind regards

UKVCAS
So if at all you can't book biometrics, that's why. Check your email and spam folders!!!

As per the email, we need to wait until they confirm we should book biometrics. We might be able to recycle the last biometrics, and complete the application via the app instead.
I completed my application on Monday but haven't received this email yet. I'm unable to book any biometric either. how long after application does one expect to receive this email? I've not yet completed submission of my documents because I'm waiting for a referee to get back.

EddieSpeaks
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by EddieSpeaks » Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:13 am

hassanemam wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:47 am
I had a similar issue and I figured out that they have blocked me booking any appointments as UKVI where checking my eligibility to apply using IDV app. After getting confirmation that I can use the app, appointments were available but I did not need them as I used the app to submit my application
How long did this email take to arrive from the date of application?

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:13 am

EddieSpeaks wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:10 am
I completed my application on Monday but haven't received this email yet. I'm unable to book any biometric either. how long after application does one expect to receive this email? I've not yet completed submission of my documents because I'm waiting for a referee to get back.
Read the letter:
UKVI aim to carry out this checking process within 7-10 working days from registration with UKVCAS/UKVI.

EddieSpeaks
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by EddieSpeaks » Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:16 am

kamoe wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:13 am
EddieSpeaks wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:10 am
Read the letter:
UKVI aim to carry out this checking process within 7-10 working days from registration with UKVCAS/UKVI.
Thanks, sorry I'm panicking. I didn't receive this email though (checked spam). shouldn't they be sending it to everyone indicating they should wait?
Last edited by EddieSpeaks on Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:17 am

EddieSpeaks wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:16 am
Thanks, sorry I'm panicking.
No worries. Have you registered with UKVCAS? Should be triggered after you complete and pay the form. Should have received an email with subject: "Welcome to UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services"

SarjanNartan
Newly Registered
India

Post by SarjanNartan » Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:15 am

SarjanNartan wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:35 am
I have a similar issue. I am
Waiting since 20th March to get confirmation for IDV. I received email from UKVCAS to wait until confirmation so I guess no appointments can be booked.
Just wanted to find out can you upload document on UKVCAS portal before or not?? If you know can you please advise. Thanks
Just to give head up to people waiting for IDV app email!! I waited for more than 15 days to receive another email from UKVCAS for IDV app confirmation, but I couldn’t hold up so was keep on checking UKVCAS and found that you can upload the documents so I uploaded my documents, and in my surprise on the very next day I received email to submit Photo and ID on IDV app. And I submitted on the same day I received the email and Now waiting for any further correspondence from UKVI. Those who are waiting for IDV try uploading documents if that is the case like mine I assume!!
Good luck to all waiting.

lisux
Newly Registered
Mood:
Spain

Post by lisux » Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:43 pm

My gosh more than 15 days without a response!
I did the application 3 days ago, waiting for their email since then.
Can you book an appointment now?

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:01 am

SarjanNartan wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:15 am
Those who are waiting for IDV try uploading documents if that is the case like mine I assume!!
I don't think that has anything to do with it. My partner applied and uploaded the documents straight away, and still had to wait a week after uploading documents before receiving confirmation he could book the appointment. I applied and did not upload any documents, and also waited a week before receiving confirmation I can use the app.

And before anyone sees patterns that don't exits, he has never done biometrics, and I had mine taken less than a year ago; it was thus not a surprise that he had to book an appointment and I can use the app.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:09 am

lisux wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:43 pm
My gosh more than 15 days without a response!
I did the application 3 days ago, waiting for their email since then.
Can you book an appointment now?
Read the post. They say they received confirmation they can use the app. That means no appointment is necessary.