ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependant Visa Queries - Need help.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fasid
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 Dependant Visa Queries - Need help.

Post by fasid » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:29 am

Hello everyone,

I need some clarity around applying my Tier 2 visa extension which I believe is now called Skilled Worker Visa.

1) Just to clarify - When I had applied for my first Tier 2 dependant, my husband was on Tier 2. He is now a British Citizen. This does not necessarily change my condition? I will still go ahead and get a Tier 2 extension?

2) The extension link on the website (https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... d-children) does not give any separate application form from the regular skilled worker. There is a same application for skilled worker and dependant extension. Is that what I have to fill for my extension too? And in the case the first question is sponsorship number, do I just say "No" and move on with the application.

Highly appreciate any help provided.

Thank you.

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 Dependant Visa Queries - Need help.

Post by ywlgy » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:38 pm

1. Yes, you can apply for Skilled worker dependant visa even if he got citizenship.
2. Tier 2 does not exist anymore, just use the skilled worker one. For details about sponsorship, you should fill it out according to your husband's last CoS.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.