ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some Questions Related to Ireland Critical Skills Employment Permit Application Details

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tiruo
Newly Registered
China

Some Questions Related to Ireland Critical Skills Employment Permit Application Details

Post by Tiruo » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:46 pm

Hi all,

I graduated with a Master degree in MSc in Aeronautical Engineering in Sep 2022, and I am working in an aviation industry company since Oct 2022, based on my Stamp 1G. The job I am doing is based on a Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering degree background, the job title is called 'Technical Manager'.

I am applying for a Critical Skills Employment Permit this month, which may allow me get a stamp 1 in Sep 2023. However, when I check the Critical Skills Occupations List, there are no Employment category called 'Technical Manager'. Although from the job description or job responsibilities, there is a possibility that I could be qualified as a '212. Engineering professionals', such as '2122. Mechanical Engineer', or '2127. Production and Process Engineer', my job title wording does not 100% match those job titles given in the list.

My salary has reached the 32,000/year Euro line, I am working based on my Master Degree background/knowledge, my company is also a proper registered Limited Ireland company, which has signed me an assignment letter to confirm my contract length, and my salary. And company employees percentage is also 'qualified' - local employees percentage way more than 50%...

In a word, I haven't found any reasons stop me from applying this CSEP, except my job title wording.

As a result, my question is, in order to apply for the Critical Skills Employment Permit, does my job title wording has to 100% exactly matches the Employment Category shown in the Critical Skills Occupations List?

Or, if I could also be granted a CSEP, when according to my job responsibilities, it can be considered as a employment with specific skills or related to a specific degree, while my job title does not really look like falls within the broad employment category?

Looking forward to your replies.

lovebino
Ireland

Re: Some Questions Related to Ireland Critical Skills Employment Permit Application Details

Post by lovebino » Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:00 pm

Why do you need title Technical Manager in the letter? Are you not a Mechanical Engineer? Why the company cannot make it as Mechanical Engineer/Technical manager? I would say, rewording a little bit would give a big chance.

tabreznadvi
Newly Registered
India

Re: Some Questions Related to Ireland Critical Skills Employment Permit Application Details

Post by tabreznadvi » Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:48 pm

Hi Tiruo,

Even I have received an offer and contract with the title Aerospace Engineer/ Prototype engineer and my Job duties match 2126 Design and development engineers from the critical skills occupation list. My employer won't change the title on my contract and they will proceed with the CSEP with the contract Aerospace Engineer/ Prototype engineer.

If you have found answers to your question, please let me know
my email: email removed by moderator
WhatsApp: mobile removed by moderator

Tiruo
Newly Registered
China

Post by Tiruo » Sat May 14, 2022 11:37 pm

Hi, Tabreznadvi,

I have just been granted an CSEP last week, with job title called 'technical manager'. The office sent me an email for detailed job discription, and then just grant me the employment permit.

I can say now that it seems the officer does not really highly depend on the job title to make decisions.

Hope you good luck with your application!

tabreznadvi wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:48 pm
Hi Tiruo,

Even I have received an offer and contract with the title Aerospace Engineer/ Prototype engineer and my Job duties match 2126 Design and development engineers from the critical skills occupation list. My employer won't change the title on my contract and they will proceed with the CSEP with the contract Aerospace Engineer/ Prototype engineer.

If you have found answers to your question, please let me know
my email: email removed by moderator
WhatsApp: mobile removed by moderator