ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10 years lawful residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bhushanpradhan
Newly Registered
India

ILR 10 years lawful residence

Post by bhushanpradhan » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:05 pm

Hi,

I came to the UK in Dec 2014 and have been here since (7 years and 3 months). My current Visa (Tier 2 General Dependent) expires on the 14th of June 2022. I am now switching to a Skilled Worker Visa. If we put a start date of 15th June 2022 on the new COS/Visa - can you please confirm that when I complete 10 years (Dec 2024) in the country, this 10 year period will in fact be considered a continuous period and I will be eligible for an ILR under the 10 year Long Residence route?

Basically - does having the start date of 15th June (instead of an earlier date) have any bearing on my ILR eligibility under the 10 year Long Residence route?

Look forward to your guidance.

Regards,

Teksman
United Kingdom

Re: ILR 10 years lawful resident and paragraph 39E

Post by Teksman » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:21 pm

Having a start date for Skilled Worker visa which is after your visa expiry date has no relevance to you future ILR application based on long residence.

What is important is that you submit your SW visa application BEFORE your current visa expires.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR 10 years lawful residence

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:03 pm

bhushanpradhan wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:05 pm
Hi,

I came to the UK in Dec 2014 and have been here since (7 years and 3 months). My current Visa (Tier 2 General Dependent) expires on the 14th of June 2022. I am now switching to a Skilled Worker Visa. If we put a start date of 15th June 2022 on the new COS/Visa - can you please confirm that when I complete 10 years (Dec 2024) in the country, this 10 year period will in fact be considered a continuous period and I will be eligible for an ILR under the 10 year Long Residence route?

Basically - does having the start date of 15th June (instead of an earlier date) have any bearing on my ILR eligibility under the 10 year Long Residence route?

Look forward to your guidance.

Regards,
Do NOT tag your queries on other topics :!:
As you have been advised, your COS/job starting date has no bearing on your continuous lawful residence.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice