ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Visitor Visa for Parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alog1
Mood:
India

UK Visitor Visa for Parents

Post by alog1 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:58 am

Hi, I am applying visitor visa for my parents (for 5 months) and below is the situation

1. My dad has £3000 and mom has £2000 in their Mutual fund / traditional insurance savings plans which can be liquidated within 7 working days if the travel is confirmed. They dont have any significant fund in the bank. I am the one who transfer money each month for their maintanence

2. The property/land is registered in my Mom's Name. My dad does not have any property on his name. They have utility bills couple of them on Dad's name and a couple on mom's name. Hope this will prove they live together in same address.

3. I am ILR holder and I am sponsoring their entire trip including flight tickets. I have approx £12000 in my account and mentioning I will spend £3000 for each parent on this trip.

4. I have a sibling who is pursuing MD in India. I can get her support letter assuring the return of my parents at the end of the trip

5. I live in a 1 bedroom house in UK with my wife

6. My dad as self employed earns around 7 -10K INR a month which is shown in the bank transaction though he does not have funds in the bank to show as prrof of funds

considering the above situations I have few doubts in the application and cover letter

1. Should I apply visa for both at same time, mentioning travelling together in the application?
2. Should I mention my Mom as financial dependent to my dad in the application?
3. My sister is not financially dependent as she would earn from stipend from next month. We can not show any proof of her earning right now as she joined recently. Should I still get a support letter from her ?
4. will the number of bedrooms we have in the property we live in have any effect in the visa decision, as we have to provide tenancy aggreement?

Please advice.

alog1
Mood:
India

Re: UK Visitor Visa for Parents

Post by alog1 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:04 am

alog1 wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:58 am
Hi, I am applying visitor visa for my parents (for 5 months) and below is the situation

1. My dad has £3000 and mom has £2000 in their Mutual fund / traditional insurance savings plans which can be liquidated within 7 working days if the travel is confirmed. They dont have any significant fund in the bank. I am the one who transfer money each month for their maintanence

2. The property/land is registered in my Mom's Name. My dad does not have any property on his name. They have utility bills couple of them on Dad's name and a couple on mom's name. Hope this will prove they live together in same address.

3. I am ILR holder and I am sponsoring their entire trip including flight tickets. I have approx £12000 in my account and mentioning I will spend £3000 for each parent on this trip.

4. I have a sibling who is pursuing MD in India. I can get her support letter assuring the return of my parents at the end of the trip

6. My dad as self employed earns around 7 -10K INR a month which is shown in the bank transaction though he does not have funds in the bank to show as prrof of funds

considering the above situations I have few doubts in the application and cover letter

1. Should I apply visa for both at same time, mentioning travelling together in the application?
2. Should I mention my Mom as financial dependent to my dad in the application?
3. My sister is not financially dependent as she would earn from stipend from next month. We can not show any proof of her earning right now as she joined recently. Should I still get a support letter from her ?
4. will the number of bedrooms we have in the property we live in have any effect in the visa decision, as we have to provide tenancy aggreement?

Please advice.
@Moderators, Can you please help?

AGM23
United Kingdom

Post by AGM23 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:36 pm

alog1 wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:58 am

1. Should I apply visa for both at same time, mentioning travelling together in the application? Both need to have separate applications, you can mention that they are traveling together
2. Should I mention my Mom as financial dependent to my dad in the application? If she is then yes
3. My sister is not financially dependent as she would earn from stipend from next month. We can not show any proof of her earning right now as she joined recently. Should I still get a support letter from her ? No, if she can not really show any earnings, then what support is she going to show?
4. will the number of bedrooms we have in the property we live in have any effect in the visa decision, as we have to provide tenancy aggreement? It absolutely would, 1 bedroom will not be sufficient

Please advice.

alog1
Mood:
India

Post by alog1 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:09 am

Thank you very much for the replies.
Apart from that, the financial circumstances I mentioned in the original post, is there anything that will affect the visa decision?

I will reiterate here,

1. I am transferring money each month for their maintenance
2. They don't have significant amount in the bank but they have £3000 and £2000 in mutual fund and traditional insurance funds which can be withdrawn within 7 days if the travel is confirmed
3. I am mentioning that I will sponsor the trip fully including flight tickets , I have sufficient funds in my UK account

Will this satisfy the financial requirements part of the application?

AGM23
United Kingdom

Post by AGM23 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:22 pm

alog1 wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:09 am
Thank you very much for the replies.
Apart from that, the financial circumstances I mentioned in the original post, is there anything that will affect the visa decision?

I will reiterate here,

1. I am transferring money each month for their maintenance
2. They don't have significant amount in the bank but they have £3000 and £2000 in mutual fund and traditional insurance funds which can be withdrawn within 7 days if the travel is confirmed
3. I am mentioning that I will sponsor the trip fully including flight tickets , I have sufficient funds in my UK account

Will this satisfy the financial requirements part of the application?
Onus is on your parents to show their ties to the country of usual residence, its all fair that you can sponsor and afford their trip. You need to show that they have genuine and valid reason to return after completing their visit in UK, meeting financial requirement is just one thing. Things such as property on their name, any property that they rent out? cars? any siblings of yours that either live with them or in the country etc. basically giving strong documentary evidence that they will return.

alog1
Mood:
India

Post by alog1 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:34 pm

Thanks AGM23. The property my parents live in is registered in my mom's name, utility bills are available on both my dad's name and mom's name.

Sibling is living in same address and studying MD. So I hope my parents have those ties mentioned by you.

Thank you very much for the guidance.