ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on UK Spouse Visa Application :)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

oldmantom
Newly Registered

Advice on UK Spouse Visa Application :)

Post by oldmantom » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:48 am

Hi,

I am 20 (UK citizen), my wife is 19 (US citizen).

We married on 31st Oct in the US and she is hoping to move in with me in the UK in January 2009. We had been planning this for many months however after we married we learned of the new change in the age law coming in to effect on 27th Nov which has been a great cause of concern to us.

We think we are ready to submit our online application and I would just like some feedback on what we plan to send in with it:

- our marriage certificate
- her birth certificate & a certified copy of mine
- certified copy of my passport (does this need to be all the pages? my soliciter only copied the page with the photograph)
- do we need to send a copy of her passport?/her actual passport?

- last 6 months of my bank statements showing I have £10,000 in savings
- certified copy of shares I own + dividends paid from them for last 5 years (average yearly payment of £3000)
- certified copy of a bond I own (value £3,400) that can be withdrawn at any time (making total savings £13,400)

- letter from my employer stating I work 15 - 22 hours a week as a receptionist @ £6.50 and 3 hours a week cleaning @ £6.00
- letter from my employers accountant confirming my hours and pay rates
- letter from co worker as witness to good character

- letter from my parents saying it is ok for me and my wife to live in their house (4 bedrooms, 3 other rooms (excluding Spam, bath etc) with 1 of the bedrooms exclusively occupied by us, stating that I pay them £220 rent a month which will rise to £440 when my wife moves in
- certified copy of the title deed for the house in my parents name
- internet, phone, electricity, gas and water bills showing the house address and name of my parents

- budget for living at my parents house while we get settled & budget for when we move out into our own apartment a few months later

- cover letter from me stating how I met my wife, how our relationship developed, how I will support her in england, that I am looking for a second job and that there is plenty of opportunity for her to work in the UK
- cover letter from my wife
- my CV and my wifes CV to showing qualifications readiness and ability to be employed

- photos of us together over the 5 months we have spend together in person
- skype call history showing we have spoken for at least 2-3 hours on the phone everyday for the other 9 months of our relationship (when not together in person)
- plane tickets for our visits to each other in America and UK
- ferry tickets for holiday to France together & hotel receipt
- photos of her with my family
- photos of me with her family
- photos of our wedding
- copies of letters exchanged and photos of gifts sent when not together

- I had all my payslips in one folder which I have mislaid... my employer has contacted his accountant to see if they can make a copy of them for me. The payments from my employer are shown on my bank statements though - will this be a problem?

As I said before we are extremely worried about the new age limit and that our application will not be processed in time.

We have the online form all filled out and ready to be sent in and paid for, however we are worried that my wife will not get the biometric fingerscan appointment in time and we will not be able to submit the completed application by post before the 27th Nov due to this.

I have a meeting with my local area MP this Friday to discuss the change in the law, but I am not sure how helpful this will be if the law is already passed.. If anything perhaps he can help us by being able to confirm we had all documents ready for submission and any delay in getting the fingerscan was due to admin and not any fault on our part.

Please leave any comments/suggestions about what we are submitting and if you can answer the questions we would be very grateful.

berkshire1987

Re: Advice on UK Spouse Visa Application :)

Post by berkshire1987 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:02 pm

As of 27th November 2008 both parties will need to be 21 or over. So you have a little time to get the application and documents submitted.