ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I work

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

carlyay
Newly Registered

Can I work

Post by carlyay » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:29 am

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone could help me..

I am currently working in the UK on the IGS visa, which expires on 25th Jan 2009. I plan to switch to Tier 1(generall) to continue staying n working in london.
The concern is that i will only be eligible by fulfilling 75 points by early jan 09. After looking at all the posts, i got to know the timeline of getting Tier1(general) visa varies hugely...so in most cases I won't be able to get the visa in less than 4 weeks before my IGS expires...

my questions:

1. Can I keep working after my IGS visa expires while waiting for my tier1(general) application result? or do I need to stop working? What is the immigration rule for this case?

2. how can I get the Urgent Treatment form?

3. Is it likely that I am in disadvantage if i just fulfill 75points the minimum points requirement? does the Home office prioritize treating the cases by how many points we get?

Thanks in advance for your help. and good luck with all your applications!

Carly

immigrationcheck
Newly Registered

Re: Can I work

Post by immigrationcheck » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:40 am

carlyay wrote:Hi all,

I wonder if anyone could help me..

I am currently working in the UK on the IGS visa, which expires on 25th Jan 2009. I plan to switch to Tier 1(generall) to continue staying n working in london.
The concern is that i will only be eligible by fulfilling 75 points by early jan 09. After looking at all the posts, i got to know the timeline of getting Tier1(general) visa varies hugely...so in most cases I won't be able to get the visa in less than 4 weeks before my IGS expires...

my questions:

1. Can I keep working after my IGS visa expires while waiting for my tier1(general) application result? or do I need to stop working? What is the immigration rule for this case?

2. how can I get the Urgent Treatment form?

3. Is it likely that I am in disadvantage if i just fulfill 75points the minimum points requirement? does the Home office prioritize treating the cases by how many points we get?

Thanks in advance for your help. and good luck with all your applications!

Carly
Hye m8

Yup you are eligible to work till the time your application is in process with the Home office as i had good experiences of going through that situation when i was in UK, i filed my Tier 1 now from INDIA so waiting dude.

Make sure you apply a week before ur visa expires and make sure you have acknowledgment safely filed for any 3rd party or employer checks.

Cheers

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Hi

Post by jimmymcad » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:02 pm

You do not have to worry as long as you qualify for 75 points.

HO replies are now more faster for october applications.

Also, Are you aware that you are able to extend your IGS for 1 year more under Tier1 PSW,

You can keep working on incase your visa expires if your application is still with HO.

Hope it helps