ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation AN family consent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

waitingfornow
Newly Registered

Naturalisation AN family consent

Post by waitingfornow » Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:51 pm

Hi everyone ,

I’m due to apply for my British citizenship based on spouse of British citizen. My online application under Documents section is not showing any family consent form however I checked several posts here that after you pay the family consent form comes up in step 7 further actions -

My question is : is this form even required or is it a system glitch as I understand it was never there before ?

My concern is the part 2 of form :

1) application - requires my signature
2) joint owner - I assume this requires my spouse s signature who no longer lives with me and doesn’t want to sign anything . Since I’m using our marriage certificate and his British naturalisation certificate do I need his signature ?
3) financial sponsor - not needed

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation AN family consent

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:01 pm

These forms have been introduced recently but are not part of the actual naturalisation application, I believe it's more about data consent.
You do not need anyone's consent to apply for naturalisation - the application is individual in your own right, if you can satisfy the requirements.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

waitingfornow
Newly Registered

Post by waitingfornow » Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:12 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:01 pm
These forms have been introduced recently but are not part of the actual naturalisation application, I believe it's more about data consent.
You do not need anyone's consent to apply for naturalisation - the application is individual in your own right, if you can satisfy the requirements.
Hi ,
Thanks for replying - so if I just sign the application part of the consent form and leave the rest blank do you think my application will be approved because I do meet the requirements and I am still legally married to a British citizen

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:01 pm

All the postings I see about these "consent forms" don't refer to any statutory nationality requirements as I understand them.
If you satisfy all the requirements for naturalisation I don't see why you couldn't be approved.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.