ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

few quick queries... would appreciate your advice

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

surajchain
Newly Registered

few quick queries... would appreciate your advice

Post by surajchain » Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:44 am

hello all,

I have a few quick queries and would highly appreciate your advice and responses from personal experience.

ILR received July 2018. We are a couple, no kids and plan to apply for Naturalization. We meet the Life in UK, English Language and No. of days stayed in UK in the qualifying period requirements which I have checked.

As I understand we need to fill and submit an online form, but how do we send the documents and when do we need to send them? do we need to submit them during Biometrics. I am trying to find the exact process but the guidance page does not talk about that clearly.

Second questions is about the residence requirements - Not clear about - 'You must have been physically present in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands on the day 3 years before the application is received by the Home Office.'
OR
You must have been physically present in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands on the day 5 years before the application is received by the Home Office.

is it 3 or 5 years? We are both India passport holders.

And is this day that we need to be present in UK 3 / 5 years need to correspond with the date we submit the online application form please?

Many thanks in advance
S

alterhase58
Germany

Re: few quick queries... would appreciate your advice

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:55 am

surajchain wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:44 am
hello all,

I have a few quick queries and would highly appreciate your advice and responses from personal experience.

ILR received July 2018. We are a couple, no kids and plan to apply for Naturalization. We meet the Life in UK, English Language and No. of days stayed in UK in the qualifying period requirements which I have checked.

As I understand we need to fill and submit an online form, but how do we send the documents and when do we need to send them? do we need to submit them during Biometrics. I am trying to find the exact process but the guidance page does not talk about that clearly.
You scan and upload documents once you have submitted/paid for your application. You retain all originals, including passport/BRP.

Second questions is about the residence requirements - Not clear about - 'You must have been physically present in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands on the day 3 years before the application is received by the Home Office.'
OR
You must have been physically present in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands on the day 5 years before the application is received by the Home Office.

is it 3 or 5 years? We are both India passport holders.
For you it is the five years back from application date (3 years for those married to British citizen).

And is this day that we need to be present in UK 3 / 5 years need to correspond with the date we submit the online application form please?
from the guidance:
• You must have been physically present in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern
Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands on the day 5 years before the
application is received by the Home Office.
• For example, if your application is received on 05/01/2022 you should have been
physically present in the UK on 06/01/2017.
• Most applications that fail do so because applicants have applied even though they
cannot satisfy the residence requirement to be present in the UK at the beginning
of the residential qualifying period

Many thanks in advance
S
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.