ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Resignation whilst ILR application under process

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dewdrops1420

Switch job when ILR under process

Post by dewdrops1420 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:53 pm

Hi,

I'm on Tier 2 General visa ,sponsored by my current employer. I'm applying for ILR but will get it only after 6 months as I'm not taking fast mode application.
Whilst the application is under process, can I switch the employer and join that company?

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switch job when ILR under process

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:52 pm

Whilst the application is under process, can I switch the employer and join that company?
No you cannot. Your existing Tier 2 visa conditions continue while an ILR application is pending, meaning you can only work for your Tier 2 sponsor.

If you want to switch employers, you have to apply for a new visa with a new sponsor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dewdrops1420

Re: Switch job when ILR under process

Post by dewdrops1420 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:57 pm

ok thank you!

dewdrops1420

Name change before ILR/British passport application

Post by dewdrops1420 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:20 pm

Hi,

I would like to change my name before applying for ILR in UK.The issue is that I have two first names and one last name.I want to add the second first name as my first last name eg:if my passport has first name : AAA BBB last name: CCC,I would like to change it as first name: AAA last name: BBB CCC

Currently I'm in India and my return date to UK is 30th April.In India my name is AAA BBB C,but in passport somehow my original surname 'BBB' became part of my first name. As people are identified by surnames in UK,I would really like to get this change done.

Could you please tell me what's the best option as if I try to change my name in Indian passport, I need to cancel and rebook my air tickets to UK which is too costly. Also I have a BRP card which also possibly requires change.

Is it possible that I can apply for new passport and BRP just before my travel to UK and can continue to use my old passport/BRP for travel or any other way to get this change done before applying for ILR.Once I get my new passport/BRp, someone can courier it to me?

Is it more easy to change name once I get British passport next year or before applying for British passport?

Thanks in advance.

dewdrops1420

Re: Name change before ILR/British passport application

Post by dewdrops1420 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:02 pm

Could anyone please reply to this query.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:24 pm

I suggest delaying it until you have ILR. You cannot get a BRP outside the UK but getting a new BRP is not really needed for ILR. A name change may only create hassles for you to get on a plane to the UK as names on documents do not match up.
Also before your first British passport is issued, HMPO demands that your name MUST match exactly with your Indian passport or it will be refused.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

dewdrops1420

Post by dewdrops1420 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:13 pm

Zimba wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:24 pm
I suggest delaying it until you have ILR. You cannot get a BRP outside the UK but getting a new BRP is not really needed for ILR. A name change may only create hassles for you to get on a plane to the UK as names on documents do not match up.
Also before your first British passport is issued, HMPO demands that your name MUST match exactly with your Indian passport or it will be refused.
Thank you Zimba!

What if I take an appointment for new passport one day before my travel to UK. I'm not sure if I need to surrender my old passport for getting a reissue of passport. The new passport will be couriered by my family. Is it possible? any idea?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:41 am

Nothing changes for entry to the UK. You need your passport details matching the BRP to board the plane
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

dewdrops1420

Post by dewdrops1420 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:38 am

Zimba wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:41 am
Nothing changes for entry to the UK. You need your passport details matching the BRP to board the plane
Thank you Zimba

dewdrops1420

Resignation whilst ILR application under process

Post by dewdrops1420 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:14 pm

Hi,

I have applied for ILR(Set O),biometric on 04th July (priority).I'm hoping that I will get ILR by July 15th.
Is it possible for me to resign from my sponsored company by July 1 as I will be on notice period for 1 month, so still an employee of the same organisation?

Only risk I see is my IL getting rejected which has least possibility.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
dewdrops

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Resignation whilst ILR application under process

Post by manci » Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:55 pm

dewdrops1420 wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:14 pm
Is it possible for me to resign from my sponsored company by July 1 as I will be on notice period for 1 month, so still an employee of the same organisation?
Assuming you are on a T2/SW visa, If you resign while your ILR application is in process your employer may well inform the HO via the SMS that the letter confirming that they require you to work for them for the foreseeable future is withdrawn and in that case your application will be refused.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:10 pm

dewdrops1420 wrote:
Hi,

I have applied for ILR(Set O),biometric on 04th July (priority).I'm hoping that I will get ILR by July 15th.

Only risk I see is my IL getting rejected which has least possibility.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
dewdrops
You don't have it till you have it. The foreseeable future is they key word here.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

dewdrops1420

Post by dewdrops1420 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:40 am

manci wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:55 pm
dewdrops1420 wrote:
Assuming you are on a T2/SW visa, If you resign while your ILR application is in process your employer may well inform the HO via the SMS that the letter confirming that they require you to work for them for the foreseeable future is withdrawn and in that case your application will be refused.
Oh,I see,thank you for the confirmation.

dewdrops1420

Post by dewdrops1420 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:42 pm

Hi,

I got the letter from home office that my ILR application is successful and I will receive my biometric residence permit in 1 week.
I got another job offer so can I resign now before getting my BRP in hand?

I want to join on Aug 15, so considering my 1 month notice period, I need to resign tomorrow.

Please someone answer me.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:49 pm

You no longer have any work conditions or restrictions after getting ILR. Do as you wish

dewdrops1420

Post by dewdrops1420 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:51 pm

ok,thank you Zimba