ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Missing verification checks consent form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ADWick
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Missing verification checks consent form

Post by ADWick » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:14 am

Hello everyone,

I am seeking an advice on the verification checks consent form.

I have submitted my citizenship application and enrolled biometrics back in December but forgot to provide a sign copy of the verification checks consent form. It was not on my checklist and HO representative did not ask for it during the biometrics enrollment appointment.

Questions:
On the last page of the online application, it says that:

By sending this application, you confirm that to the best of your knowledge and belief the following is correct: the information relating to the application the supporting evidence. Also, the application will be processed according to the privacy policy and terms and conditions. If false information is given, the application will be refused and the applicant may be banned from the UK and prosecuted.

Shouldn't that be enough? or a signed copy must still be provided? If that form is needed, which address should I send it to? what should be my next course of actions?

Note: I am the only applicant (no dependents, wife..etc)

JSJS72
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Missing verification checks consent form

Post by JSJS72 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:02 pm

Hey Im in the same situation, I sent all documents and done fingerprints at UKVCAS centre on early September 2021. I did not see any family consent verification form back then, wasn't on the checklist and the centre helper didn't mention it and said everything was fine.

I logged in the .gov application site the other day and I suddenly saw that family consent form pop up in the mandatory actions page, saying it will be downloadable until April 2022. maybe my memory is bad but I don't recall seeing it back then when i sent all the documents. I'm also not depending on anyone and don't have any co-signers.

its been 4 months now and I've received no email that my application is being processed or that they need more stuff. Now im worried that maybe i need to send this consent form?
I sent HO and email today so will let you know what they say.

ADWick
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ADWick » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:13 am

Thanks for your reply.

Many applicants are saying that this form was not there. That might be the case but I can't recall.

I did send a signed copy to FurtherNationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk yesterday.

Will update this post if I get a response.

britalian89
United Kingdom

Post by britalian89 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:23 am

JSJS72 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:02 pm
Hey Im in the same situation, I sent all documents and done fingerprints at UKVCAS centre on early September 2021. I did not see any family consent verification form back then, wasn't on the checklist and the centre helper didn't mention it and said everything was fine.

I logged in the .gov application site the other day and I suddenly saw that family consent form pop up in the mandatory actions page, saying it will be downloadable until April 2022. maybe my memory is bad but I don't recall seeing it back then when i sent all the documents. I'm also not depending on anyone and don't have any co-signers.

its been 4 months now and I've received no email that my application is being processed or that they need more stuff. Now im worried that maybe i need to send this consent form?
I sent HO and email today so will let you know what they say.
I submitted my naturalisation application last week and the form was there among the compulsory documents. It might be the case that they're making this form compulsory now but I don't think it's the case for past applications. I wouldn't worry too much. They'll contact you if they miss a document.

Xclusivesoul77777
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Xclusivesoul77777 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:27 am

ADWick wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:13 am
Thanks for your reply.

Many applicants are saying that this form was not there. That might be the case but I can't recall.

I did send a signed copy to FurtherNationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk yesterday.

Hi, just checking to see if you had any reply to the email you sent regarding the consent form. I am in the same similar situation as you.

Thank you

britalian89
United Kingdom

Post by britalian89 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:27 am

The form started to be compulsory for the latest applications. If it wasn't among your compulsory doc list by the time you applied, it wasn't necessary. If they need it, they'll reach out.

ADWick
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ADWick » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:19 pm

Xclusivesoul77777 wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:27 am
ADWick wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:13 am
Thanks for your reply.

Hi, just checking to see if you had any reply to the email you sent regarding the consent form. I am in the same similar situation as you.

Thank you
No response yet

Xclusivesoul77777
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Xclusivesoul77777 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:45 pm

Thanks for the replies guys. Fingers crossed we will hear food news soon

Imgettingold
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Imgettingold » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:10 pm

Hi, I can see a verification check consent form either on my document list,

where do you see it? do you find it on the online application or is it where you are uploading your documents?

thanks

Imgettingold
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Imgettingold » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:10 pm

Hi, I can see a verification check consent form either on my document list,

where do you see it? do you find it on the online application or is it where you are uploading your documents?

thanks

Imgettingold
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Imgettingold » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:24 pm

I meant I can't*
I can't see the verification check consent form either.....

sacbmth
Brazil

Post by sacbmth » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:27 pm

I didn't have a consent form at the time of uploading documents but only became visible after the submission. Haven't had any issues and my application has now been approved. It might be some sort of a glitch in the system.

minu19
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by minu19 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:45 pm

Hello everyone

If you have multiple applicants, i.e. spouse applying at the same time, do they both need to fill out part 1 of the consent form? who should fill out part 2, part 3 or can they be skipped altogether?

Any guidance is highly appreciated.

Thank you!

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:05 pm

sacbmth wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:27 pm
I didn't have a consent form at the time of uploading documents but only became visible after the submission. Haven't had any issues and my application has now been approved. It might be some sort of a glitch in the system.
This. It's not a glitch. It's bad UX design.

I observed that, once you pay, the current pop up payment window closes, and you never receive an acknowledgement of what just happened on the site. You are not taken to the next steps. You have to close the page, or logout, then login again to see the "Further steps". Only then you see the list of additional documents to download, among which is the consent form, which is not part of the original checklist.

Looking at it closely, I'm wondering if everyone has to fill it. To me, it looks like it's only people who need to provide evidence with documents in either joint names (e.g. bank accounts or bills, to be filled in page 2) as part of their residency checks; or have a financial sponsor (to be filled in page 3) actually need to submit the form. Otherwise it's just the applicant filling page 1... for nothing, since... what are you authorising if page 2 and 3 are empty? As usual the wording used by the Home Office implies everyone should fill it, but it seems pointless to me. Your comment re. not filling it and not having an issue seems to confirm this.

Obviously, foolproof method if no joint-names documents or financial sponsor, would be to fill and sign page 1, and upload it with everything else (again, feels stupid to me).
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

ADWick
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ADWick » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:24 pm

HO's reply:
"Your email has been passed to the relevant team to action. We will contact you should we require any further information or once a decision has been made.
Kind regards,
UKVI"

ADWick
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ADWick » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:41 am

My application has been approved.

waitingfornow
Newly Registered

Post by waitingfornow » Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:58 am

sacbmth wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:27 pm
Hi sacbmth,
Did you send the consent form after you submitted to the ho email or was your application approved without sending the document at all?

Appreciate your help!