ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Funds required for EC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tomisa222
Newly Registered

Funds required for EC

Post by tomisa222 » Thu May 12, 2005 5:14 pm

Dear everybody,
I received the approval one week ago. I am going to apply for EC in Mumbai. I have some doubt about the funds required to show the embassy.
I have around GBP 10000. Is it enough for myself, my spouse and one child?
I request all to give some idea about it.

dokwal
BANNED

Post by dokwal » Thu May 12, 2005 7:04 pm

they may refuse your wife and child ec , this is trend in bombay / indian unless u got job with 12oo to 15oo gbp per month and exclusive house for yr family

u just aply for yr self and come to uk

this is my personal advice not expert comment

rgds

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu May 12, 2005 7:07 pm

Hi tomisa222, where in the UK do you intend to live? Housing costs vary considerably around the country. After all, in some parts of London, you could easily pay £10000 per month for your housing!

So where is it you intend to live?
John

tomisa222
Newly Registered

Post by tomisa222 » Fri May 13, 2005 2:49 am

Thank very much john and dokwal.
I have some immovable assets such a land and house, shall I show that also? My brother ( Cousin) is in Essex UK, he invited me through email to stay with him as a guest for two weeks.

If I apply for myself only , please reply me what is the procedure to get visa for my spouse and child.
Thanks again everybody.
tomisa.

Hector
Newly Registered

Post by Hector » Fri May 13, 2005 6:24 am

Hi,
I got EC at the delhi office (for me and my wife) with just 8000 GBP and one of my friends got the same for even less. In my application i mentioned that for the first mnth i plan to stay with my friend (no expenses) at bradford and then move to london area.
my budget for 4 mnths
mnth1 : 300 GBP
mnth2 : 1100
mnth3 : 1100
mnth4 : 1100
plus 900 GBP for unexpected expenses makes it 4500.
Attached printouts of letting adverts.

There was no interview and visa was stamped in 2 days. (i guess its part of the dream run. HSMP was approved in 8 days .. hope it continues in UK as well :-) )

cheers,
Hector

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Fri May 13, 2005 12:35 pm

I had applied for EC for my family before I left for UK. Just as in Dokwal's post, they refused my wife and kids visa as I was still not in UK. The visa officer told me that they would grant my family a visa once I was in Uk and established there. Six months after I came to UK they reapplied with my salary slip rent agreements etc and they were granted visa without interview.

tomisa222
Newly Registered

Post by tomisa222 » Thu May 19, 2005 8:24 am

Thanks Rog and Hector,.
Hector your's is indeed a valuable information.
Thanks everybody.

Fuzz
Newly Registered

Post by Fuzz » Sat May 21, 2005 10:17 am

Hi Tomisa,

I applied for EC for my wife and my kid (5 months) just a month back at Pune VFS and got the approval. I had shown fund of 8.5 lakhs and had a letter from a friend residing in the UK to provide the initial acco. until I find one. Additionaly I asked my friend to scan and send me his WP, Passport, Tenant agreement and one utility bill at that address.

hope this helps...

tomisa222
Newly Registered

Post by tomisa222 » Sat May 21, 2005 2:51 pm

Hi fuss,
I can do the same thing as my wife's cousine is staying in essex.
In fact he sent me an invitation email to stay with him as a guest.
Thanks again,
tomisa.

kashyap_desai
Newly Registered

pls guide me for EC

Post by kashyap_desai » Thu May 26, 2005 5:27 am

Dear Friends,

I applied for HSMP in the end of Aug 2004 , with spouse as skilled partner . an approval not come till date.

During this lucky period we have baby girl born she is 8 months now . so my question is that if approval came and i applied for EC.

At that moment i asked ec for my spouse + baby ?

answer is yes than howmuch funds required for EC ?

And supporting to my baby howmany evidence require ?

Thanks ..

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu May 26, 2005 8:13 am

Given that housing costs are a major factor in the overall cost of living, and housing costs vary very considerably, it is impossible to be specific about how much money is required.

But kashyap_desai, what are you planning to spend on housing? And indeed, in which part of the UK do you plan to live?
John

kashyap_desai
Newly Registered

Thank you Mr John

Post by kashyap_desai » Thu May 26, 2005 12:35 pm

Dear john ,

thak you for your reply , my accomodation is already done by my cousign sister as well as my closed friend .

i would like to sattel at barmingham so pls tell me how much funde Required for EC ?

Rajan

Post by Rajan » Mon May 30, 2005 6:54 am

In the regard, Accomodation & Funds for EC...

If i get the sponsorship letter from my uncle (real brother of my Father) saying that " He ( i.e. me) is my brother's son, and i'll take care of his expenses for initially 3 months. Also he can stay with me at my house"

Is it ok? In this case, i need to show less funds?

What i'll be needing, in addition to the sponsorship letter?

Any thoughts welcome !

Rajan
---- Never Say No To Life ----

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon May 30, 2005 9:05 am

I think that if he is going to also take care of all your expenses then there might be need to supply his bank statements to show that he is in a financially healthy position to do that. another thing is you did not disclose is your location (post were you are going to apply for EC), cause it will be good to get first hand information from guys who applied there,

ShoaibJaved

EC funds

Post by ShoaibJaved » Mon May 30, 2005 12:16 pm

You must provide proof that your uncle can take your financial liability and providing a bank statement is the most convinient way to that. Also try to provide copy of his passport (to show is status in the country).
I got my EC for amount less than 10K and with a sponsor letter from my brother in UK. I supplied a declaration by him, his bank statement, and copy of his passport.

hareenpatel
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hareenpatel » Tue May 31, 2005 11:20 am

Hector wrote:Hi,
I got EC at the delhi office (for me and my wife) with just 8000 GBP and one of my friends got the same for even less. In my application i mentioned that for the first mnth i plan to stay with my friend (no expenses) at bradford and then move to london area.
my budget for 4 mnths
mnth1 : 300 GBP
mnth2 : 1100
mnth3 : 1100
mnth4 : 1100
plus 900 GBP for unexpected expenses makes it 4500.
Attached printouts of letting adverts.

There was no interview and visa was stamped in 2 days. (i guess its part of the dream run. HSMP was approved in 8 days .. hope it continues in UK as well :-) )

Hi, Congrats for ur visa. Hope u will be in UK now.

Can u please help me applying for HSMP Programme? I need ur guidance.
Thanks

cheers,
Hector