ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR eligibility- Tax refund

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vinitsehra
Newly Registered
India

ILR eligibility- Tax refund

Post by vinitsehra » Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:41 pm

Hello

I have a query on claimed tax refunds on ICT TIER 2 visa and its impact on ILR

I was on tier 2 Intra Company Transfer visa for 5 years ( April, 2017 till April-2022). Recently I have switched to Tier 2 skilled worker visa in April-22 for the same company.

Last year in 2021, One of my friend suggested that I could claim tax refund for the first 2 years on ICT tier visa, So I filed tax return with the help of tax accountant in December, 2021 and got some tax refund from HMRC. Now as I am shifted to skilled worker visa in April, 2022 , will the tax refund that I had when I was on ICT Tier 2 visa is going to cause some issues in my eligibility for ILR after 5 years on my current skill worker visa.?

Any responses would be highly appreciated.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR eligibility- Tax refund

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:30 pm

Tax issues are not relevant
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice