ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Query - Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Satnov
Newly Registered

Urgent Query - Tier 1

Post by Satnov » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:57 am

Hey Guys

I am planning to apply for Tier 1 early next week and I have this query.

When you go into the points based calculator in the UK home office website and look at qualifications section - after selecting country, state and institute of study - after that it asks for qualification - Mine is Bachelor of Technology from Kuruskshetra University

Bachelor degree has three options - Bachelor(Honours/Special), Bachelor (Min 4 year programme), Bachelor (Ordinary/Pass)

My confusion is which one to choose? Kurukshetra University is in the database for your information

To get rid of this doubt, I also got a letter from UK NARIC (though it is in the database) - UK NARIC letter says Bachelor of Technology from Kurukshetra University is equivalent to Bachelor (Honours) degree.

Therefore it is very safe for qual section.

However, for the english language section the policy guide and application form clearly states that qualification should be on the points based calculator. Here is where I am very concerned.

If I choose Bachelor (honours) will my app get rejected as the guidance clearly says that UK NARIC letter does not help here. The funny thing is doesn't matter which Bachelor degree you choose out of three (as long as the duration of study is given more than 3 years in the points based calculator) along with Kurukshetra University - the calculator gives points both for qual and english language.

My question is

1 Should I submit the NARIC letter (as I feel it is not really required given the above scenario)

2. If I give the NARIC letter then I need to choose the Honours option

3. Don't give the NARIC letter and choose Bachelor (Min 4 year programme).

In India , I am sure nobody gets their degree as Bachelor (Honours) or Bachelor (Min 4 year programme) or Bachelor (Ordinary/Pass) - they just get Bachelor of something degree.

Can you guys help as I don't want to get rejected after I pay £750.

Help will be much appreciated.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:26 pm

Why did you apply for NARIC certificate?

B Tech is a 'Bachelor (Min 4 year programme)'

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:46 pm

If I choose Bachelor (honours) will my app get rejected as the guidance clearly says that UK NARIC letter does not help here. The funny thing is doesn't matter which Bachelor degree you choose out of three (as long as the duration of study is given more than 3 years in the points based calculator) along with Kurukshetra University - the calculator gives points both for qual and english language.
If this is the case, you are good to go.
Anyways you dont need NARIC letter.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:52 pm

The same query from your end 15 days ago was answered to your satisfaction (or so it seemed)! If you were not satisfied with the responses, you could have used the same thread to request for more suggestions / feedback.

No offence, but is there any point in making duplicate posts / starting a new topic on the same question(s) ... and expecting people to respond all over again?? Reading this will help. Not to mention that you added fuel to your confusion by getting a letter from NARIC, which was not required in your case. :wink:

And I couldn't understand your hesitation to choose "4 yr. program" option when you did undertake a 4 yr. study! A 4yr. course can also be a honours degree (as your NARIC letter proves), and so can be a 3yr. degree. If interested, reading The National Qualifications Framework will help you understand the difference between honours and ordinary qualifications, from a UK qualifications perspective.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

LondonGuy

Post by LondonGuy » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:28 pm

Hi Sushdmehta

Now in point based calculator there is no option of Bachelor degree(min 4 year) and it is replaced by Bachelor degree.

What should an engineering graduate choose now?

Will there be any issue if we choose Bachelor Degree (Hons.)?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

indianuk

Post by indianuk » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:06 am

Do you haev an option of Bachelor degree more than 4 less than 5 years...Engg degree will come under that category...
LondonGuy wrote:Hi Sushdmehta

Now in point based calculator there is no option of Bachelor degree(min 4 year) and it is replaced by Bachelor degree.

What should an engineering graduate choose now?

Will there be any issue if we choose Bachelor Degree (Hons.)?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

LondonGuy

Post by LondonGuy » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:35 pm

more than 5 years and less than 5 is the length of course which is shown for both the Qualification (Bachelor degree or bachelor degree(hons)).

Issue is whether we should write Bachelor degree or bachelor degree(Hons) under Qualification. UK NARIC has stated mine engineering degree is equivalent to bachelor degree(Hons).