ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone waiting for confirmation of receipt of documents for Passport application?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

techy142
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Anyone waiting for confirmation of receipt of documents for Passport application?

Post by techy142 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:27 pm

The current standard period to confirm the receipt of documents as per HMPO is 11 working days.

My documents were delivered via Special delivery on 10 March 2022.

As of 1 April 2022, 16 working days later, there's still no update. They are unable to provide any details on the phone either

Anyone else still waiting for the acknowledgement of receipt of document after 11 working days?

Could you please share your experience if received updates after the stated 11 working days?

Anyone who can advise on how long do we need to wait or what steps should we take next?

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Re: Anyone waiting for confirmation of receipt of documents for Passport application?

Post by mesn » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:48 pm

techy142 wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:27 pm
The current standard period to confirm the receipt of documents as per HMPO is 11 working days.

As of 1 April 2022, 16 working days later, there's still no update. They are unable to provide any details on the phone either

Anyone else still waiting for the acknowledgement of receipt of document after 11 working days?

Could you please share your experience if received updates after the stated 11 working days?

Anyone who can advise on how long do we need to wait or what steps should we take next?
It's taking 2-3 weeks. Mine was delivered on 14th and got the confirmation on 28th but have a look at the Passport timelines. There are cases when it's acknowledged 15-20 days later.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

britalian89
United Kingdom

Re: Anyone waiting for confirmation of receipt of documents for Passport application?

Post by britalian89 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:52 pm

They’re having backlogs plus a wave of applications prior to half term vacations. It’s taking 2 weeks or more. Royal Mail delivered my docs on 14/03 and HMPO acknowledged receipt on 28/03.

techy142
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by techy142 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:26 pm

mesn wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:48 pm
techy142 wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:27 pm

It's taking 2-3 weeks. Mine was delivered on 14th and got the confirmation on 28th but have a look at the Passport timelines. There are cases when it's acknowledged 15-20 days later.
I have been following the passport timelines but hardly seen anyone who received confirmation later than 11 working days as HMPO mentioned. Mine's past 3 weeks now, that's what got me a bit concerned as I needed the passport to travel end of April.

waldo3002

Post by waldo3002 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:58 am

My documents were delivered 15th March to the Durham office. Today is the 4th of April (20 days) and still no sign of any confirmation.

Looks like we'll have to wait I guess!

techy142
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by techy142 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:41 am

waldo3002 wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:58 am
My documents were delivered 15th March to the Durham office. Today is the 4th of April (20 days) and still no sign of any confirmation.

Have you tried contacting them? I have called them quite a few times, however, unable to get any satisfactory response. Now have asked them for a search of documents, let's see if they can find something.

thakur71
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by thakur71 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:29 am

My documents were delivered on the 16th of March by royal mail, and today (on the 4th of April) were received by HMPO Bootle (after 18 days).

waldo3002

Post by waldo3002 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:33 am

techy142 wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:41 am
waldo3002 wrote:

Have you tried contacting them? I have called them quite a few times, however, unable to get any satisfactory response. Now have asked them for a search of documents, let's see if they can find something.
I have today and received a very unhelpful response of "Use the contact form and the progress team will get back to you in 72 hours".

Still no sign of any confirmation :)

techy142
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by techy142 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:46 pm

waldo3002 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:33 am
techy142 wrote:
waldo3002 wrote:

I have today and received a very unhelpful response of "Use the contact form and the progress team will get back to you in 72 hours".

Mine is just under 4 weeks now and still no confirmation. I have been trying get something over the phone but no luck. Try 0300 123 1973 if you need to get in touch with them. I had to wait roughly 1 hour 15 mins before I got through but the person I spoke to was quite helpful and raised the task to search for the documents and sent email to examiner to review the application.

I hope they can sort something out otherwise it is unnecessary delay. Good luck to you.

elajo
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by elajo » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:58 am

Hi,

I have the same problem as well. It says there is some gap regarding receiving the documents and update the tracking service.
I even contacted royalmail as my documents seem stuck in Warrington going to Bootle. Royalmail assured me that it must have been part of a bulked delivery and forgot to scan it. Though I am nervous that it might get lost along the way.
I emailed HMPO no response yet. And it takes ages to contact them through phone.
It is so frustrating.

elajo
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by elajo » Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:03 am

Hi,

I have the same problem as well. It says there is some gap regarding receiving the documents and updating the tracking service as they do it manually.
I even contacted royal mail as my documents seem stuck in Warrington going to Bootle. Royalmail assured me that it must have been part of a bulked delivery and forgot to scan it. Though I am nervous that it might get lost along the way.
I emailed HMPO no response yet just to check if my documents are with them. And it takes ages to contact them through phone.
It is so frustrating.

waldo3002

Post by waldo3002 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:33 am

techy142 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:46 pm
waldo3002 wrote:
techy142 wrote:
waldo3002 wrote:

Mine is just under 4 weeks now and still no confirmation. I have been trying get something over the phone but no luck. Try 0300 123 1973 if you need to get in touch with them. I had to wait roughly 1 hour 15 mins before I got through but the person I spoke to was quite helpful and raised the task to search for the documents and sent email to examiner to review the application.

I hope they can sort something out otherwise it is unnecessary delay. Good luck to you.
Thank you for the number! I've give them a ring and see what they say.

Just out of curiosity, which office were your supporting documents sent to? I've read online that Durham are taking way too long to move between application stages which doesn't sound too good!

techy142
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by techy142 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:39 pm

waldo3002 wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:33 am
techy142 wrote:
waldo3002 wrote:
techy142 wrote:
waldo3002 wrote:

Just out of curiosity, which office were your supporting documents sent to? I've read online that Durham are taking way too long to move between application stages which doesn't sound too good!
My documents were sent to Liverpool. I think it's similar situation across more or less all offices. I have been following another forum, the amount of time they are taking at different stages is beyond ridiculous. One particular post had me concerned where they still have not acknowledged the receipt of documents more than 2 months after they were delivered.

techy142
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by techy142 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:41 pm

elajo wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:03 am
Hi,

I have the same problem as well. It says there is some gap regarding receiving the documents and updating the tracking service as they do it manually.
I even contacted royal mail as my documents seem stuck in Warrington going to Bootle. Royalmail assured me that it must have been part of a bulked delivery and forgot to scan it. Though I am nervous that it might get lost along the way.
I emailed HMPO no response yet just to check if my documents are with them. And it takes ages to contact them through phone.
It is so frustrating.
When did you send the documents? Were they sent via special delivery? Normally, they update in around two weeks but in some cases like myself and the poster above, we have been waiting way longer than 2 weeks.

waldo3002

Post by waldo3002 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:26 pm

techy142 wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:39 pm
waldo3002 wrote:
techy142 wrote:
waldo3002 wrote:
techy142 wrote:
waldo3002 wrote:

My documents were sent to Liverpool. I think it's similar situation across more or less all offices. I have been following another forum, the amount of time they are taking at different stages is beyond ridiculous. One particular post had me concerned where they still have not acknowledged the receipt of documents more than 2 months after they were delivered.
Got my confirmation of documents today mate. I think using the contact form might have sped up the process lol. Good luck to you buddy!

techy142
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by techy142 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:36 am

waldo3002 wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:26 pm
techy142 wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:39 pm
waldo3002 wrote:
techy142 wrote:
waldo3002 wrote:
techy142 wrote:

Got my confirmation of documents today mate. I think using the contact form might have sped up the process lol. Good luck to you buddy!
Thank you. It's encouraging to hear that they haven't lost the documents. I am still waiting for a confirmation. Have spoken to them and asked them now to search for the documents. Hopefully they can give me an update soon enough. Fingers crossed.

elajo
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by elajo » Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:13 am

techy142 wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:41 pm
elajo wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:03 am
Hi,

It is so frustrating.
When did you send the documents? Were they sent via special delivery? Normally, they update in around two weeks but in some cases like myself and the poster above, we have been waiting way longer than 2 weeks.
Just a week now. They were delivered via special delivery before 1pm, however, royal mail cannot guarantee that it was received by the HMPO as it still says to be delivered this Monday. And all royal mail told me is to contact HMPO to verify if the documents were iindeed received as it may have been part of a bulked delivery and forgot to scan it-- not sure if this is plausible? . I did manage to contact HMPO via the form and replied to me that it takes 8-10 working days before they update their system. It's stressing me out as I don't know where my documents are. I might give that number above a call just to see if they can do something about it.

farrahs
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by farrahs » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:27 am

hello all, I am in the same boat. Sent them my naturalisation certificate and passport on the 14 March using RM special delivery. RM tracking said it's delivered on the 15th March morning. It is 7 April now and HMPO still has not acknowledged receipt of my documents. I have called HMPO twice and both time they said they have emailed the Peterborough office. I still haven't heard anything from them. It is frustrating and very worrying!!!! :(

techy142
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by techy142 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:07 am

farrahs wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:27 am
hello all, I am in the same boat. Sent them my naturalisation certificate and passport on the 14 March using RM special delivery. RM tracking said it's delivered on the 15th March morning. It is 7 April now and HMPO still has not acknowledged receipt of my documents. I have called HMPO twice and both time they said they have emailed the Peterborough office. I still haven't heard anything from them. It is frustrating and very worrying!!!! :(

RM delivered mine on 10 March and more than 5 weeks now still no acknowledgment from HMPO. called several times but they’re just useless and told me yesterday they can’t do much and I’ll just have to wait.

elajo
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by elajo » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:07 pm

Hi,

I managed to get an update; they have acknowledged that they received my documents on 13/4. I sent my documents on 1/4. I did try emailing liverpool@hmpo.gov.uk and it took them 8 days to reply. The form on the gov.uk took less than 3 days to reply. I did not bother calling them as I heard a lot of complaints from other applicants.

farrahs
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by farrahs » Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:34 pm

techy142 wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:07 am
farrahs wrote:

RM delivered mine on 10 March and more than 5 weeks now still no acknowledgment from HMPO. called several times but they’re just useless and told me yesterday they can’t do much and I’ll just have to wait.
No updates for me too after calling them 2-3 times and filling in an online inquiry form. The online inquiry got back to me and their response is

"Thank you for your email about sending your passport application.
Regarding the progress of your application.
I can see that you have since called and received the latest update on your application."

This is no help at all because I did not get an update! very frustrated!

techy142
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by techy142 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:12 pm

farrahs wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:34 pm
techy142 wrote:
farrahs wrote:

No updates for me too after calling them 2-3 times and filling in an online inquiry form. The online inquiry got back to me and their response is

I can see that you have since called and received the latest update on your application."

I understand as I was supposed to be travelling end of the month. I had to wait 3 hours on Saturday to get through to someone only to be told they can't do anything. I have written to my MP but no response yet.

techy142
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by techy142 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:37 pm

farrahs wrote:
techy142 wrote:
farrahs wrote:

Hi, Have you received any confirmation yet?

farrahs
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by farrahs » Mon May 23, 2022 7:37 pm

techy142 wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:37 pm
farrahs wrote:
techy142 wrote:
farrahs wrote:

Eventually I got email saying document received on 21/4/2022 and application being processed 22/4/2022.
It is now 23/5/2022 and still no updates! How frustrating!!!!!

techy142
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by techy142 » Mon May 23, 2022 11:12 pm

farrahs wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 7:37 pm
techy142 wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:37 pm
farrahs wrote:
techy142 wrote:
farrahs wrote:

Eventually I got email saying document received on 21/4/2022 and application being processed 22/4/2022.
It is now 23/5/2022 and still no updates! How frustrating!!!!!
Hi. Yeah, I received the confirmation on 24 April. It was approved on 13 May and and received passport on 18 May.

If yours has gone into processing, it might take several weeks before you receive another update. I have seen a few people who have been waiting anywhere between 6 to 10 weeks from going into ‘being processed’.

Hope you get it soon, good luck!