ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification on settlement date for MN1 application.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vintari
Newly Registered
India

Applying for MN1 post tier 2 general visa expiry of dependent child

Post by Vintari » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:35 pm

Hi Admins,

I got my ILR on 24th Feb 2022. I was on 5 year Tier 2 general Visa as main applicant before.

My kid was on tier 2 general dependent visa and that visa got expired on 22nd Feb 2022.

Could you please let me know, what option I've now for my Kid to legally stay in UK:

1) Apply renewal of Tier 2 general dependent visa ?
or
2) Apply for MN1, as i've ILR now ?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for MN1 post tier 2 general visa expiry of dependent child

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:00 pm

Option 2. A UK born child does not required a valid visa to apply for mn1
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:19 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Vintari
Newly Registered
India

Post by Vintari » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:39 pm

Thanks a lot for the clarification CR001 and Vinny.

Vintari
Newly Registered
India

Post by Vintari » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:59 pm

Could you also help with clarifying on referee1.

my Kid is born in UK on 6th march 2018.

We were at 2 different addresses as below:
1) Address1: from the kids birth until oct 2020
2) Address2: Oct 2020 to till date.

When i reached out to the Doctor, health visitor at Address1 to be the referee1.
1) Doctor said they can't as the kids records are shared to Address2's GP and they cant access it.
2) Health Visitor said they cant as the kids records are shared to Address 2's Health Visitor to which they dont have access.
3) kid didnt start school at Address1. so Nursery or play school is out of the scope.

When i reached out to the Doctor, health visitor and Nursery teacher at Address 2 to be the referee1.
1) Doctor said they cant refer as they dont know my child personally as we never visited doctor although my child is registered at the GP.
2) Health Visitor said they cant refer as they never known my child personally too as during Covid period they didnt visit my home and asked me to get the referral from the HealthVisitor at Address1. But health visitor at address 1 said they can't refer as they dont have access to my kids records as the kids records are moved to Address 2's Health Visitor.
3) Nursery teacher said they never refer anyone and asked us to reachout to Doctor or Health Visitor.

Could you please help me with any other options, who can be the referee1 ? Can software professionals be referral 1 as well as referral 2 ? then I can get my friends who are software professionals and British citizens (not by birth but under Tier2 general to ILR and then british citizen).

Thanks.

Vintari
Newly Registered
India

Post by Vintari » Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:40 am

Hi Admins, could you please clarify on this.
Thanks.

Vintari
Newly Registered
India

Post by Vintari » Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:09 pm

Hi Admins,

Can you please clarify on my above post.

Thanks

Vintari
Newly Registered
India

Clarification on settlement date for MN1 application.

Post by Vintari » Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:20 pm

Dear Admins,

I'm applying MN1 for my child.

I'm yet to get my ILR BRP Card but i've got a decision from Home Office on email that my ILR application is successful on 1st April 2022.

The email from Home Office on my ILR application has below message along with other information.
"Your application for indefinite leave to remain in the UK has been successful."

So I guess this is the decision on my ILR.

The question i've in MN1 form is below:

Date this parent / legal guardian became settled in the United Kingdom. ?

Can you please confirm will this be the date 1st April 2022 (the successful ILR application decision email from Home Office) or will it be the start date on ILR BRP card ? which will help me in deciding whether to apply for MN1 before my child's tier 2 general visa expiry or wait until i get the ILR BRP card.

My Child's tier 2 general visa is expiring on 13th April 2022.

Thanks.