ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Undefined COS processing delays

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bhushanpradhan
Newly Registered
India

Undefined COS processing delays

Post by bhushanpradhan » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:17 pm

Hi,

I am currently in the UK and need to extend my Visa (as my current Visa expires on 14 Jun 2022).
My Employer has applied for a COS but hasnt heard back from UKVI yet. ANyone aware of COS (undefined) delays? How long should it take to get a COS via the SMS system?

Also, if this is delayed beyond my Visa expiry date - what options do I have?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Undefined COS processing delays

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:35 pm

If they have a CoS available, it is instant to assign to you.

If they don't have any and have to apply for an increase or new allocation, it is taking around 18 weeks at the moment which is what UKVI helpdesk told me when I applied to increase our cos allocation.

We ended up paying £200 for priority and received the cos within 2 hours.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bhushanpradhan
Newly Registered
India

Post by bhushanpradhan » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:19 pm

Thanks for that!

The employer is saying that this 'priority' service is quite convoluted involving filling up a lot of forms and having to try and apply every day morning 9 AM in the hope of getting allocated this COS? Is it really that convoluted?

Also, worst case scenario if the COS doesn't get allocated in time - what options does that leave me? Is there any other way out?

Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:34 am

It isn't convoluted. It is a short form and you submit at 9am on the dot. I did this two weeks ago and got the email to pay and received the cos within 2 hours.

If you cannot get it and apply before your visa expires, you have to find another visa route or leave the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ds447
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ds447 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:15 pm

Hi,
My wife is working in an international charity who are ready to sponsor her for Skilled Worker Visa. However, the HR applied for an undefined allocation (which takes upto 18 weeks) but it somehow didnt happen. Then she applied for a priority service yesterday and emailed at 905am YESTERDAY. Now suddenly, the application on the SMS portal has disappeared today with no email or intimation. I find it weird. Can anyone share why the application might have disappeared? Has it been rejected or approved??

Thanks,
D

ds447
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ds447 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:19 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:34 am
It isn't convoluted. It is a short form and you submit at 9am on the dot. I did this two weeks ago and got the email to pay and received the cos within 2 hours.

If you cannot get it and apply before your visa expires, you have to find another visa route or leave the UK.
Hi,
My wife is working in an international charity who are ready to sponsor her for Skilled Worker Visa. However, the HR applied for an undefined allocation (which takes upto 18 weeks) but it somehow didnt happen. Then she applied for a priority service yesterday and emailed at 905am YESTERDAY. Now suddenly, the application on the SMS portal has disappeared today with no email or intimation. I find it weird. Can anyone share why the application might have disappeared? Has it been rejected or approved??

Thanks,
D

bamblue
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bamblue » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:59 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:35 pm

If they don't have any and have to apply for an increase or new allocation, it is taking around 18 weeks at the moment which is what UKVI helpdesk told me when I applied to increase our cos allocation.

Hi CR001, please can I ask when your CoS allocation reset day is? Is it 6th April each year for sponsors who held a license on 30 Nov 2020?

I want to know when the CoS allocation resets with my employer, so that I can remind my HR to renew it before it is too late.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:33 pm

bamblue wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:59 pm
CR001 wrote:

Hi CR001, please can I ask when your CoS allocation reset day is? Is it 6th April each year for sponsors who held a license on 30 Nov 2020?

I want to know when the CoS allocation resets with my employer, so that I can remind my HR to renew it before it is too late.
Annually based on the date the first cis allocation was made initially.

The sponsor gets a number of emails about it from UKVI. You don't have to run around reminding them!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bamblue
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bamblue » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:12 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:33 pm
bamblue wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:59 pm
CR001 wrote:

Annually based on the date the first cis allocation was made initially.

The sponsor gets a number of emails about it from UKVI. You don't have to run around reminding them!!
Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately my HR is rather inexperienced and she does not even know the existence of SMS, since the HR lady left :( I am not even sure if she gets the UKVI emails. So I end up doing all the research by myself! :cry:

My question is if the sponsor applies for undefined CoS renewal before the CoS year deadline, how long would it take for it to be granted? Does it take 18 weeks?

Btw, the reason why I though 6th April is the date is because of this link removed by moderator it is not from gov.uk, so may not be true.
As a sponsor, your ‘CoS year’ (or ‘allocation year’) will run either:

From 6 April in one year to 5 April the following year if you held a valid Tier 2 (General) or Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) licence on 30 November 2020 and this was converted into a Skilled Worker or Intra-Company routes licence on 1 December 2020; or
12 months from the date your licence was granted and, in subsequent years, 12 months from the date an allocation renewal request is granted for all other sponsors.