ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Questions : To fill Tier 1 (Indian applying from UK)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

T1Oct08
Newly Registered

Urgent Questions : To fill Tier 1 (Indian applying from UK)

Post by T1Oct08 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:44 pm

Hi All,

I would be sending application for my Tier 1 General by this Friday/Saturday. I have all the documents ready but have a few questions in the form , would really appreciate if someone can respond.

Nationality : Indian
Profile : IT
In UK on a Work Permit Valid upto : 31 Dec 2009
Intial Visa (WP) was 6 months : This is Entry clearance
After that my company applied for an extension so as of now I have another visa stamped (Residence Permit ) on my passport.

Ques 1 : B10 - Page 8
What are Home Office Reference Numbers , are they applicable in my case.

Ques 2 : B25 - Page 10
There are a lot of options mentioned for occupation. I tried to open the site mentioned in guidance but it didnt open.

So for an IT professional which option do we need to tick.

Ques 3 : D4 Page 14
"Please enter the reference number on entry clearance or visa within the applicants passport or travel document "

Now this section talks mostly about entry clearance, and I have both an entry clearance number as well as new visa (residence permit), which number should I write here....and is the number on the right hand side of visa sticker the reference number ??

Ques 4 : D 11 Page 15
Applicants current immigration status

What am i suppose to write here -- Limited leave to remain or work permit holdeer ?

Ques 5 : Is it necessary to add a self addressed special delivery packet ?

Quesn 6 : If degree/qualification is on point based calculator then for english langaguae just the degree should be enough right??

Quesn 7: Is there any particular order of arranging the forms?

Thanks guys and this forum has really helped a lot.....

WP-Tier111
Newly Registered

Post by WP-Tier111 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:42 am

Ques 1 : B10 - Page 8
What are Home Office Reference Numbers , are they applicable in my case.
UNLESS ur wp reference number fits here, u can leave it

Ques 2 : B25 - Page 10
There are a lot of options mentioned for occupation. I tried to open the site mentioned in guidance but it didnt open.

So for an IT professional which option do we need to tick.

Ques 3 : D4 Page 14
"Please enter the reference number on entry clearance or visa within the applicants passport or travel document "

Now this section talks mostly about entry clearance, and I have both an entry clearance number as well as new visa (residence permit), which number should I write here....and is the number on the right hand side of visa sticker the reference number ??

VAF number in ur current visa

Ques 4 : D 11 Page 15
Applicants current immigration status

What am i suppose to write here -- Limited leave to remain or work permit holdeer ?

VISA WORK PERMIT(#)

Ques 5 : Is it necessary to add a self addressed special delivery packet ?
BETTER

Quesn 6 : If degree/qualification is on point based calculator then for english langaguae just the degree should be enough right??
YES

Quesn 7: Is there any particular order of arranging the forms?
KEEP in sequence...

hope this helps...