ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting over 2 and half years

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anne123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Waiting over 2 and half years

Post by anne123 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:41 pm

Hi,

I applied for British Citizenship on 20th June 2019 and no decision has been made on my application. When I contact HO regarding my application, I receive the same reply stating that,

"As part of the application process, the Home Office routinely conducts checks with
other government departments and external agencies. The extent and length of time
taken to complete these checks varies according to the particular circumstance of
each application. The progress of these checks is regularly monitored.
So far, the checks have not been completed with regard to your application. A
decision will be taken on the application as soon as we have the results of the checks
and we will notify you of the decision without delay."

My local MP contacted HO for me twice and he got the same reply. Is there anyone waiting such long? Is there any other way I can challenge HO? It is really stressful.

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Waiting over 2 and half years

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:04 pm

This sounds unusual. Any known suspicion/reason of why it is taking so long, events in the past, immigration history?
You may want to lodge a complaint to further approach it from another direction since stock answer to MP.

anne123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by anne123 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:36 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:04 pm
This sounds unusual. Any known suspicion/reason of why it is taking so long, events in the past, immigration history?
You may want to lodge a complaint to further approach it from another direction since stock answer to MP.
Thank you for your reply. I can’t think of a reason. I was granted refugee status and when I claimed asylum I had legal status in the UK so I never overstayed or breached any immigration conditions. Could you please tell me how can I lodge the complaint? Is there any specific email for that?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:35 am

anne123 wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:36 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:04 pm
Thank you for your reply. I can’t think of a reason. I was granted refugee status and when I claimed asylum I had legal status in the UK so I never overstayed or breached any immigration conditions. Could you please tell me how can I lodge the complaint? Is there any specific email for that?
Go through
https://www.gov.uk/complain-uk-visas-immigration

Mo22
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mo22 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:34 am

Hi there, I'm refugee too I have applied on 19 of December 2021 and waiting now.
I have two friends they were refugees too , one of them got approval after 16 months and the other one after 11 months.
I have seeing on this group and on another group refugees citizenship application are taking longer than others application because Home Office says they doing extra security checks on refugees application.
I don't know what kind of checks nowadays will takes more than weeks.
I see on the citizenship timeline people getting approval in 4 weeks time how did the home office did those checks in 4 weeks time?

London22
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by London22 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:38 am

anne123 wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:41 pm
Hi,

I applied for British Citizenship on 20th June 2019 and no decision has been made on my application. When I contact HO regarding my application, I receive the same reply stating that,

"As part of the application process, the Home Office routinely conducts checks with
other government departments and external agencies. The extent and length of time
taken to complete these checks varies according to the particular circumstance of
each application. The progress of these checks is regularly monitored.
So far, the checks have not been completed with regard to your application. A
decision will be taken on the application as soon as we have the results of the checks
and we will notify you of the decision without delay."

My local MP contacted HO for me twice and he got the same reply. Is there anyone waiting such long? Is there any other way I can challenge HO? It is really stressful.

Thanks
Refugees applications mostly take longer & it is just a deliberate practice & nothing else.Unfortunately under tories avenuues of getting justice are very limited even an MP cant get a quick decision on an application.This govt is very tough on immigration .