ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Visa Vignette Urgent Help Please!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hussain2017
England

Can i travel abroad with a BRP?

Post by hussain2017 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:46 pm

Hello;

I want to travel to pakistan from manchester uk. My BRP Card has expired i have indefinite leave to remain. I have applied for a New BRP card which should be processed within 4 weeks as i applied for it 4 weeks ago and average processing time is 8 weeks. My question is, i want to travel to pakistan in an emergency. I have my pakistani passport and pakistani id card to enter Pakistan. I have asked my son to DHL post me me BPR to pakistan so i can use it to re enter Uk. Will that be fine? Would i be required to show my BRP at Manchester (UK) airport when leaving for Pakistan?

Please help me.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can i travel abroad with a BRP?

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:49 pm

You are not required to present a BRP when leaving the UK.

Note that BRP renewals can take up to 6 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ali Raza Yaldaram
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Ali Raza Yaldaram » Tue May 10, 2022 6:14 pm

Hi CR001,

I have the similar situation but I don not have an ILR, I have lost my brp and need to travel to Pakistan in the next week.

What is best option for me ?

Thanks in Advance.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri May 13, 2022 12:27 pm

Ali Raza Yaldaram wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 6:14 pm
Hi CR001,

I have the similar situation but I don not have an ILR, I have lost my brp and need to travel to Pakistan in the next week.

What is best option for me ?

Thanks in Advance.
Not nice to jump on someone else's thread. You're better off opening yours.

You can go out, but you can't come back in until you have a valid BRP. So easily, you could be stuck out there till next year waiting for a new one to come out. My advise, don't leave the UK without one.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri May 13, 2022 12:41 pm

Assuming that they will give you one!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri May 13, 2022 12:48 pm

vinny wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 12:41 pm
Assuming that they will give you one!
I just read your thread and the other thread. :o
Does that mean that things are defo going digital like the American ESTA or Canadian ETA? If that's the case, the airlines can easily verify it, as it would be linked to your passport.

That means in theory, he can get back easy. Not an advise, just think out loud.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri May 13, 2022 1:20 pm

Hope it’s that simple. However, if the UKVI have difficulties with verifying the status themselves, then there may be other complications?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

hussain2017
England

BRP Visa Vignette Urgent Help Please!

Post by hussain2017 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:01 pm

Hello,

I require urgent help. I have indefinite leave to remain. My brp card expired in May 2022 and i applied for a new BRP card in the same month. However in April 2022 i was informed that my mother had become blind in pakistan so going by my lawyers advice i travelled to pakistan without a brp card and had planned that my son shall recieve my card on my behalf by post and he would then post it to me in pakistan so i can travel back. But then i found out that ILR indefinate leave to remain brp cards take 6 months to process after i called the UKVI. I was advised that as i had travelled outside the uk my current pending application would be void. I was then advised by the UKVI to apply for the BRP Visa Vignette, travel back and then apply for the BRP Card. I applied tor the BRP Visa Vignette in June and gave my biometrics on the 17th July in Lahore Pakistan. It’s been 5 months then and i still haven’t received anything. All i received was an email in August asking why i was arrested in the past and if i have any documents on the arrest. I responded to them and explained everything but as i never recieved any documents i told them i didn’t have any documents. I am a mental health patient and suffering from anxiety, stuck in pakistan and my benefits are also stopped. All the home office do is raise an escalation and i receive an email saying there “due to the current ongoing situation in the Ukraine, the home office have had to refocus considerable resources to aid with the humanitarian crisis. Given this we are unable to provide any definite of timescales for considering applications. However, please be advised that we will process your application as soon as it is possible in the circumstances”
The processing time for this application was supposed to be 8 weeks but now its been 6 months. I am stuck in this country. I don’t have enough money to survive. Someone please help me and advise me.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: BRP Visa Vignette Urgent Help Please!

Post by Ticktack » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:16 pm

hussain2017 wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:01 pm
Hello,

I require urgent help. I have indefinite leave to remain. My brp card expired in May 2022 and i applied for a new BRP card in the same month. However in April 2022 i was informed that my mother had become blind in pakistan so going by my lawyers advice i travelled to pakistan without a brp card and had planned that my son shall recieve my card on my behalf by post and he would then post it to me in pakistan so i can travel back. But then i found out that ILR indefinate leave to remain brp cards take 6 months to process after i called the UKVI. I was advised that as i had travelled outside the uk my current pending application would be void. I was then advised by the UKVI to apply for the BRP Visa Vignette, travel back and then apply for the BRP Card. I applied tor the BRP Visa Vignette in June and gave my biometrics on the 17th July in Lahore Pakistan. It’s been 5 months then and i still haven’t received anything. All i received was an email in August asking why i was arrested in the past and if i have any documents on the arrest. I responded to them and explained everything but as i never recieved any documents i told them i didn’t have any documents. I am a mental health patient and suffering from anxiety, stuck in pakistan and my benefits are also stopped. All the home office do is raise an escalation and i receive an email saying there “due to the current ongoing situation in the Ukraine, the home office have had to refocus considerable resources to aid with the humanitarian crisis. Given this we are unable to provide any definite of timescales for considering applications. However, please be advised that we will process your application as soon as it is possible in the circumstances”
The processing time for this application was supposed to be 8 weeks but now its been 6 months. I am stuck in this country. I don’t have enough money to survive. Someone please help me and advise me.
I hate pointing fingers as we all make mistakes, but I have to say this one.
CR001 and myself advised you in April and May that it takes 6 months to get one, and you might be stuck out there. Not sure where you got your 8 weeks processing time from.
I'm afraid the damage has now been done. It would come out when it comes out.

You just have to sit tight and hope for the best.

Also, please fire your solicitor for giving such useless advise.

hussain2017
England

Post by hussain2017 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:13 am

I see. Thank you for your help and I appreciate all the good work you do on these forums.

hussain2017
England

Post by hussain2017 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:34 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:16 pm
hussain2017 wrote:
Hello,

CR001 and myself advised you in April and May that it takes 6 months to get one, and you might be stuck out there. Not sure where you got your 8 weeks processing time from.

[/quote)

Hello; i have got doctors letters from my mental health doctor in the uk requesting to expedite my application and have also got letters from the doctors that are treating me in pakistan. The ukvi told me if i was to provide proof of these issues then they would be able to expedite my application on humanitarian grounds. Will these letters from my doctor in the Uk and also in pakistan stating my condition and requestion ukvi to expidate my application on humanitarian grounds be sufficient enough for them to approve to accelerate?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:51 pm

hussain2017 wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:34 pm
Ticktack wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:16 pm
hussain2017 wrote:
Hello,

[/quote)

Hello; i have got doctors letters from my mental health doctor in the uk requesting to expedite my application and have also got letters from the doctors that are treating me in pakistan. The ukvi told me if i was to provide proof of these issues then they would be able to expedite my application on humanitarian grounds. Will these letters from my doctor in the Uk and also in pakistan stating my condition and requestion ukvi to expidate my application on humanitarian grounds be sufficient enough for them to approve to accelerate?

Thanks
In the above highlighted part written by you lies the answer.