ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 3 to Stamp 4 - Parent of an Irish Child

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PillowMan
Newly Registered
Ireland

Stamp 3 to Stamp 4 - Parent of an Irish Child

Post by PillowMan » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:56 am

Hi all,

IRP renewal for both my wife and I is coming up. I have stamp 4 through work and she has stamp 3 based on my permission. We recently had a child, who was eligible for Irish citizenship (3 years rule). Our IRP renewal is coming up end of April and we are looking to change my wife's permission from stamp 3 to stamp 4 based on her being the parent of an Irish citizen, mainly because that means we don't have to pay the 300 EUR fee. I have two questions:

1- Part of the documentation required is "Documentary evidence of your child’s address in the State (a doctor’s letter or school letter)." Obviously our child is not even 1 so can't get a school letter. Is there a certain format or wording for the Doctor's letter? or do I ask just for an appointment letter that has the address and the name of the child?

2- Can I apply for the change from Stamp 3 to Stamp 4 through the normal renewal form on the website? if so do I choose "Stamp 3" or "Stamp 4" for the question on the form "1.18 Permission type for renewal"?

Thanks in advance, any insight is highly appreciated.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Stamp 3 to Stamp 4 - Parent of an Irish Child

Post by meself2 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:42 am

PillowMan wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:56 am
Can I apply for the change from Stamp 3 to Stamp 4 through the normal renewal form on the website? if so do I choose "Stamp 3" or "Stamp 4" for the question on the form "1.18 Permission type for renewal"?
If you are applying for stamp 4, put stamp 4 in. You can change your stamp online, but I had to get an ISD letter for that (from 4 to 2 in my case). Since you're upgrading, I hope it can go seamlessly, but can't be sure about the matter.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:32 am

PillowMan wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:56 am
mainly because that means we don't have to pay the 300 EUR fee.
That won't work, you will still have to pay 300 EUR renewal fee, family member of EU (or Irish citizen) doesn't apply to being parent of Irish child.

Source: My friend and his wife went to Garda station to change their permission from Stamp 1 to Stamp 4 because of their new born kid (Irish national and has Irish passport based on 3 years residency of parents). And they were asked to pay 600 Euro (300 per each) for each card and they have been told, that case (being family member of EU family member) doesn't apply for their case.

luxurylemon
Ireland

Post by luxurylemon » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:51 am

You have to pay a fee of €300 for your Irish Residence Permit (IRP). Your IRP is free if you:

Have refugee status
Have subsidiary protection status
Have leave to remain under Section 49 of the International Protection Act 2015
Are under 18
Are resident based on your marriage to an Irish citizen
Are a family member of an EU citizen

A family member of an EU Citizen on the last point is any other EU Citizen except an Irish Citizen unfortunately, so you will still have to pay. Only if you are married to an Irish Citizen do you not have to pay.

iceice855
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by iceice855 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:58 am

I changed mine recently from stamp 4 WAB to parents of an Irish child, I paid the 300 euro fee. You just need a GP or Hospital appointment letter with your address and the child's name on it. I didn't do it online as I live outside of Dublin.

PillowMan
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by PillowMan » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:10 pm

Thank you all for the helpful replies. Reading the following page (https://www.irishimmigration.ie/registe ... ermission/) I assumed the fee is waived for the parent of an Irish child, because it mentions :

Is there a fee for making an application for Parent of an Irish citizen child?
No. There is currently no application fee.

But I assume it is not clear and they meant just the fee for changing and not registering. Thank you guys for clearing that up.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:43 pm

Application fee is not the same as registration fee.

Luxurylemon has listed all situations where fees can be waived above. Being the parent of an Irish child is not one of these.