ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Temporary permission after applying for Permanent Residence Card

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fpascussi
Newly Registered
Brazil

Temporary permission after applying for Permanent Residence Card

Post by fpascussi » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:31 pm

Hi guys,

I've applied for a Permanent Visa after having the Stamp 4EUFAM for more than 5 years, using the EU3 form.

I've received a letter this week saying that while my application is pending, I may obtain a temporary permission since my Stamp 4 has already expired. It's mentioned that my local immigration office may provide me with a Stamp 4 endorsement in my passport that is valid for the period of my application, expiring on 04/01/2023.

They said that I should apply for it online at https://inisonline.jahs.ie but there is no option to apply for a temporary permission, the closest option would be Registration Renewal, but seems like a similar application to what I already did, also to apply for the online renewal on this page of the website, your current IRP card must be due to expire within the next 30 days, which is not my case, it was expired a few months ago.

Anyway, the letter is very confusing, you can find it here https://ibb.co/3pxLSQ5

I've already sent an email to eutreatyrights@justice.ie and to immigrationsupport@justice.ie and I only got a reply saying that all visas are valid until 31 May 2022, but that doesn't help, I'm sure I won't get my new residence card before that date.

Has anyone experienced a similar situation recently while waiting for a new visa and could shed some light here on how to get this temporary permission?

Thanks in advance!
Fernando

meself2
Ireland

Re: Temporary permission after applying for Permanent Residence Card

Post by meself2 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:36 pm

fpascussi wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:31 pm
also to apply for the online renewal on this page of the website, your current IRP card must be due to expire within the next 30 days, which is not my case, it was expired a few months ago.
That's not the case. You can (and, possibly, should) apply with your current IRP.
I submitted application for renewal with my IRP that expired last October, that wasn't an issue at all due to extension.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:13 pm

Registration Renewal is the one to go for. Select stamp 4EUFAM and put today's date as the expiry date.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:32 pm

You can even put your actual expiry date. Worked fine for me.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

fpascussi
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by fpascussi » Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:10 pm

Thanks for the reply guys!

How was it after applying on the website using that option? Did any of you get the temporary permission already and could explain how it worked?

luba12
Ireland

Post by luba12 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:02 pm

fpascussi wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:31 pm
Hi guys,

I've applied for a Permanent Visa after having the Stamp 4EUFAM for more than 5 years, using the EU3 form.

I've received a letter this week saying that while my application is pending, I may obtain a temporary permission since my Stamp 4 has already expired. It's mentioned that my local immigration office may provide me with a Stamp 4 endorsement in my passport that is valid for the period of my application, expiring on 04/01/2023.

They said that I should apply for it online at https://inisonline.jahs.ie but there is no option to apply for a temporary permission, the closest option would be Registration Renewal, but seems like a similar application to what I already did, also to apply for the online renewal on this page of the website, your current IRP card must be due to expire within the next 30 days, which is not my case, it was expired a few months ago.

Anyway, the letter is very confusing, you can find it here https://ibb.co/3pxLSQ5

I've already sent an email to eutreatyrights@justice.ie and to immigrationsupport@justice.ie and I only got a reply saying that all visas are valid until 31 May 2022, but that doesn't help, I'm sure I won't get my new residence card before that date.

Has anyone experienced a similar situation recently while waiting for a new visa and could shed some light here on how to get this temporary permission?

Thanks in advance!
Fernando
Hi, do you mind me asking when did you apply for Eu3 agter how long you got your first letter

zwei1213
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zwei1213 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:39 pm

I got my EU3 approval in 8 months.

I'll copy paste my time line/comment from ''EU3 Timeline for Non-Eu family Members of British Citizens'' thread:

Applied via email: 26.06.2021
Email Acknowledgement: never received email acknowledgement
Temporary Extension: 11.10.21 granted after emailing the department
Email to request update : 27.01.22
Approval Received: 25.02.22

Good luck to anyone waiting.

i am not a legal expert but one thing I would like to suggest to people that are waiting for a decision longer than 6 months, please engage with EUTR via email/letter. After numerous consultation with legal experts, i was told that the EU courts have said that 6 months is a reasonable time for the EUTR applications, and once the timeframe goes over 6 months, the Department may potentially be in breach of the EU law.

fpascussi
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by fpascussi » Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:12 pm

zwei1213 wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:39 pm

I'll copy paste my time line/comment from ''EU3 Timeline for Non-Eu family Members of British Citizens'' thread:

i am not a legal expert but one thing I would like to suggest to people that are waiting for a decision longer than 6 months, please engage with EUTR via email/letter. After numerous consultation with legal experts, i was told that the EU courts have said that 6 months is a reasonable time for the EUTR applications, and once the timeframe goes over 6 months, the Department may potentially be in breach of the EU law.
Thanks for your comment! May I ask you how did you get the temporary permission? Did you receive an appointment to go to the immigration office? I got the letter saying that I've been granted this but it's not clear what to do next.

Also, if you could share the email you used to get in touch with them it would be very helpful.

Thanks!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:04 pm

Just use the online renewal as usual. There is no difference between a ‘temporary’ permission or a proper renewal permission. You create a new renewal application, select the correct category, upload this letter and a few other documents as requested. That’s it.

zwei1213
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zwei1213 » Wed May 04, 2022 11:04 am

Hey fpascussi,

i received the temp extension letter via post after requesting by email to eutreatyrights@justice.ie

I was asked to contact my local gaurda station by email to book an appointment. It took 6 weeks to get the appointment and another 3 weeks to receive the card in post.

Hope it helps.

fpascussi wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:12 pm
zwei1213 wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:39 pm

Thanks for your comment! May I ask you how did you get the temporary permission? Did you receive an appointment to go to the immigration office? I got the letter saying that I've been granted this but it's not clear what to do next.

Also, if you could share the email you used to get in touch with them it would be very helpful.

Thanks!