ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ali0098
Newly Registered
Iran

British citizenship

Post by Ali0098 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:50 am

Hello advisors

Hope you are doing well .

I recived my ILR on 16/11/2021. I came to UK as a refugee. My wife received received her British citizenship on 01/12/2021. She also came to the UK as a refugee.

When can I apply for my British citizenship or Naturalisation please? DO I Have to wait for a year ?

Regards
ALI

alterhase58
Germany

Re: British citizenship

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:58 am

You can apply now as spouse of a British citizen (or could have straight after your wife naturalised), if you satisfy all requirements as per the guidance: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... le-version
No waiting period.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:10 pm

Ali0098 wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:50 am
I came to UK as a refugee.
When? And how quickly after arrival in the UK did you claim asylum?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Mo22
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mo22 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:06 am

Hi, as you are a spouse of British citizen you can apply straight away no need to wait.
I'm a refugee too I have applied for Citizenship since last year but still waiting for decision, by the way can you share your wife Citizenship timeline? How long her application has taken biometric to approval?