ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependant Application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alisattar09
Pakistan

Tier 2 Dependant visa extension

Post by alisattar09 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:14 pm

Tier 2 Dependant visa extension
Hi great community,

My wife next visa extension is due on 20th April 2022.

She came in the UK on tier 2 dependant in August 2018 when I was on Tier 2 General. She only got her visa till April 2019 as my Tier2 general was valid till April 2019. However I got my ILR in November 2018, and I got her Tier 2 dependant extended in April 2019 for 3 years (i.e. till April2022) on the basis of my ILR.

Now I am a British citizen. So my question 1 is there a separate application I have to make or Tier 2 dependant will be applied?

Question 2 is as I am now a British citizen should I have to select some different answers in the application compared to what was done in the previous extension application?

Question 3 is as mentioned my wife got her 1st visa from August 2018 - April 2019. Then 2nd visa was from April 2019 - April 2022 which makes it 3 years and 8 months on pbs dependant.. Will I have to apply a 3 year extension as we only need 1 year and 4 months before she will be eligible for ILR. And also if we do apply 3 years visa, do I have to pay IHS for all 3 years or I can get away by paying for 2 years. Or will i get the 3rd year IHS refunded if paid for 3 years?

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 Dependant visa extension

Post by ywlgy » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:07 pm

1. Skilled worker dependant https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... d-children
2. No
3. It will be a 3y extension and 3y non-refundable IHS.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

alisattar09
Pakistan

Post by alisattar09 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:20 am

Thanks for answering above.

Can you also suggest that on the IHS form they are asking the visa end date of the Main Applicant (Me). I don’t have a visa any more so which date to select..
if I select 2 years I get to pay only 2 years IHS.. my wife need only 1.5 years visa any ways to complete 5 years..
this is her 2nd extension as her 1st visa was for 8 months.. and 2nd visa was for 3 years..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:16 am

3 year visa and 3 year IHS payable
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alisattar09
Pakistan

PBS Dependant Application

Post by alisattar09 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:25 pm

Hi team,

I am making a PBS dependant application for my wife. I was originally on Tier 2 General and now I am a British citizen.

When my wife was filling out the form on the 28th of March 2022 it was asking us different set of questions regarding the main applicant like :
Which visa or permission to stay has Mr xxx applied for or been granted?
Does Mr XXX have indefinite leave to remain or British citizenship?

But now we have started doing a fresh application and it is not asking us the above question and the whole format of the application has changed. Now at the start, there is an "Eligibility" section and "people applying with you" section where it is asking the following questions:

Eligibility
Has your spouse or partner applied to work or study in the UK?
Is your partner in the UK now?
Was your spouse or partner in the UK when they applied?
What visa have they applied for?
Has your partner been informed they are eligible for a Health and Care visa?

People applying with you
Does Mr XXX already have their Skilled worker visa?
Do you have Mr XXX UAN?
Do you have an application reference number for MR XXX ?
Are any of Muhammad Ali Sattar's children applying with you?

There is no where in the application where it is asking that the main applicant is now a British Citizen or an ILR holder. So I am a bit confused as to are we doing the correct application. Cause previous application which we were doing was making sense and this one is not?

Any help/advice would be really appreciated. Also if someone confirms that they have now changed the format for PBS Dependant application?

alisattar09
Pakistan

Re: PBS Dependant Application

Post by alisattar09 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:28 am

Any Mods or senior members who can answer my questions above please that will be really appreciated.

As I mentioned above I am confused with the current new application as it is not asking anything regarding Main Applicant being a IRL holder or British Citizen as it used to do previously. If that is the case what should be the correct answers for the section "People applying with you" I asked above.

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:47 pm

It doesn't matter whether the form asks if you have ILR or citizenship. UKVI knows everything. The purpose of these questions is to link your cases. So just answer them according to your ILR application.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

alisattar09
Pakistan

Post by alisattar09 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:46 am

Thanks ywlgy.

Just to be clear when you say according to my ILR application should I put my ILR BRP in the question where it is asking for BRP or application number?

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:10 pm

Yes.

alisattar09
Pakistan

Post by alisattar09 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:22 pm

Thank you so much for your replies.. as always really appreciate

alisattar09
Pakistan

Post by alisattar09 » Tue May 10, 2022 5:42 pm

Just wanna say my wife has now got extension visa and received her BRP in the post as well. We didn't had to go for a biometric appointment as well. So all good and quick and easy this time around.