ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application need help please .. EU family or not

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PhucJunez1
Newly Registered

Citizenship application need help please .. EU family or not

Post by PhucJunez1 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:45 am

My husband is EU citizen and he just became to British citizen. So he is dual Nationality.

I have had settled status for 5 months (non EU family) . And I would like to apply for citizenship under British spouse route but I don't know what to do with this section in the form which asking

"What is your relationship status?
Married or a civil partner

Are you either:
An EEA or Swiss national or family member of an EEA or Swiss national

(Shall I answer Yes or No)

Will you use your Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR), including ILR granted under the EU Settlement Scheme, to apply for British Citizenship?

( Shall I answer Yes or No )

Please help . 🙏

Thank you ,

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Citizenship application need help please .. EU family or not

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:35 am

1. You are married?
2. Yes
3. Yes
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:42 pm

PhucJunez1 wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:45 am
If you do not know what a civil partnership is, then chances are you do not have one.

Since you refer to your spouse as your "husband" you are in all likelihood married. Can you confirm this?
Bottomline is, it would be good if you clarify why you are asking how to answer this question, as it's quite straightforward. What is it that you do not understand?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

PhucJunez1
Newly Registered

Post by PhucJunez1 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:12 pm

kamoe wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:42 pm
PhucJunez1 wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:45 am
If you do not know what a civil partnership is, then chances are you do not have one.

Since you refer to your spouse as your "husband" you are in all likelihood married. Can you confirm this?
Bottomline is, it would be good if you clarify why you are asking how to answer this question, as it's quite straightforward. What is it that you do not understand?
Sorry for not being clear because I was in rush.
We are married. I just copy the section in the form to make it clear about it.
My husband is EU so I got the status as EU family member with settled status. And today he is officially British citizen. So I am not sure I am still EU family member or British's Spouse now.
I hope that makes sense.

Thank you x

PhucJunez1
Newly Registered

Post by PhucJunez1 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:27 pm

And there is one more thing I'm not sure how to answer which is asking me about English requirement.

"Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?"

As you know I am EU family member so when I applied for settled status I don't need to prove English test.
So shall I say "No" in this question ? I only get my English test recently to apply for citizenship.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:48 pm

PhucJunez1 wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:12 pm
My husband is EU so I got the status as EU family member with settled status. And today he is officially British citizen. So I am not sure I am still EU family member or British's Spouse now.
You are both
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:49 pm

PhucJunez1 wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:27 pm
"Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?"

As you know I am EU family member so when I applied for settled status I don't need to prove English test.
Your answer is No, since you did not have to meet this requirement for your ILR/Settled Status.