ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Cake
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Question for naturalisation

Post by Cake » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:47 pm

Hi, quick 2 questions for citizenship, any help would be appreciated.

For arrival in the UK, it asks when did you first arrive in the UK, is this date when I entered UK and have lived non stop till now? Or do I enter the date when I arrived as a baby multiple times during visit visa :D

Secondly, it's asking for employment dates for the last 10 years. I only have the exact dates for my current and last employment going back 8 years. For the jobs before, I remember the months but not exact dates. Problem is that the form doesn't let me skip the dates and enter months, what shall I do?

Any help would be appreciated

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Question for naturalisation

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:30 pm

Cake wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:47 pm
For arrival in the UK, it asks when did you first arrive in the UK, is this date when I entered UK and have lived non stop till now? Or do I enter the date when I arrived as a baby multiple times during visit visa :D
When you started long term stay in the UK.
Secondly, it's asking for employment dates for the last 10 years. I only have the exact dates for my current and last employment going back 8 years. For the jobs before, I remember the months but not exact dates. Problem is that the form doesn't let me skip the dates and enter months, what shall I do?
Provide approximate dates like "01-01-2012" - you can explain in a covering note - not knowing exact dates is not an issue.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Cake
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Cake » Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:58 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:30 pm
Cake wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:47 pm
When you started long term stay in the UK.
Provide approximate dates like "01-01-2012" - you can explain in a covering note - not knowing exact dates is not an issue.
Thank you so much! What if I don't explain that I'm not sure of the exact dates?

Just three other questions, hopefully last :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . As part of my proof that I've been here for 5 years, what can I give? 5 years of payslips? Full passport scan? I'm applying on 10 year long residence + 1 year ilr. I've got some education certificates issued at start and end of the 5 year gap. I can say that my b1+life in UK test given in UK is proof that I was here?

For the visa history question, it asks what "Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?" Should I only include ILR that I made or all the applications going back that my parents made (that I was part of) e.g. further leave to remain/asylum since I've permanently lived here.

Thanks again everyone

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:33 am

Cake wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:58 am
Thank you so much! What if I don't explain that I'm not sure of the exact dates?
Many applicants don't have a complete set of data and documents, or just don't remember everything.
It's your choice whether to explain or not - what is good practice though is to explain where you had to make estimates or you just don't know.
Just three other questions, hopefully last :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . As part of my proof that I've been here for 5 years, what can I give? 5 years of payslips? Full passport scan? I'm applying on 10 year long residence + 1 year ilr. I've got some education certificates issued at start and end of the 5 year gap. I can say that my b1+life in UK test given in UK is proof that I was here?
The residency period to document is five years (or three years if you spouse of British citizen).
As you are on UK ILR your passport or travel documents covering the residency period should be sufficient. If you don't have a passport/TD then five P60s should be ok.
For the visa history question, it asks what "Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?" Should I only include ILR that I made or all the applications going back that my parents made (that I was part of) e.g. further leave to remain/asylum since I've permanently lived here.
Not sure on this - believe any application you made yourself should be included. Others may comment on this.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Cake
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Cake » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:10 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:33 am
Cake wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:58 am
Many applicants don't have a complete set of data and documents, or just don't remember everything.
It's your choice whether to explain or not - what is good practice though is to explain where you had to make estimates or you just don't know.
The residency period to document is five years (or three years if you spouse of British citizen).
As you are on UK ILR your passport or travel documents covering the residency period should be sufficient. If you don't have a passport/TD then five P60s should be ok.
Not sure on this - believe any application you made yourself should be included. Others may comment on this.
Thank you!!! I will scan all the pages of my current passport and upload them to ukvcas

Cake
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Cake » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:49 pm

This is gonna sound stupid as hell but it's 365 days from indefinite to citizenship isn't it?

So if my brp says issued on 25/04/2021 then 365 days are completing on 24/04/2022 and I can safely apply on 25/04/2022?

Or should I be just on the safe side and submit my application on 26/04/2022. Thanks

I know it's only a day and I should wait when I've waited a year but just want this to be over with

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:02 pm

I guess you'll be ok - though I always suggest not to rush, a few days extra won't make much of a difference and may avoid headaches later on. There are too many posts where applicants suddenly discover avoidable mistakes. Personal choice of course.

Cake
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Cake » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:09 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:02 pm
I guess you'll be ok - though I always suggest not to rush, a few days extra won't make much of a difference and may avoid headaches later on. There are too many posts where applicants suddenly discover avoidable mistakes. Personal choice of course.
Thanks again. I think I will wait till the next day or so. Why not wait when I've managed to wait a year.

Is there a sticky for a compilation of stupid mistakes to avoid when applying :lol: :lol:

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:15 pm

This one item that is often forgotten when compiling the list of absences - and I quote here from the guidance https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... le-version:

"You must have been physically present in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands on the day 5 years before the application is received by the Home Office.

For example, if your application is received on 05/01/2022 you should have been physically present in the UK on 06/01/2017.

Most applications that fail do so because applicants have applied even though they cannot satisfy the residence requirement to be present in the UK at the beginning of the residential qualifying period."

This is a statutory requirement and an application could be refused if it hasn't been satisfied.

Cake
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Cake » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:28 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:15 pm
This one item that is often forgotten when compiling the list of absences - and I quote here from the guidance https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... le-version:

"You must have been physically present in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands on the day 5 years before the application is received by the Home Office.

For example, if your application is received on 05/01/2022 you should have been physically present in the UK on 06/01/2017.

Most applications that fail do so because applicants have applied even though they cannot satisfy the residence requirement to be present in the UK at the beginning of the residential qualifying period."

This is a statutory requirement and an application could be refused if it hasn't been satisfied.
@alterhase58 I got mine today! Thank you so much for all the help!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:42 pm

Congratulations!
Always good to hear when approval has been given.