ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alog1
Mood:
India

Spouse visa query

Post by alog1 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:17 am

Hi everyone,

I have a couple doubts, hoping to get it clarified here. Not sure if this is a right topic as I have varied questions. Please guide me through if I need to post it elsewhere in this forum.

1. I got ILR in Sep 2020 ( tier 2 general 5 yrs route), got married in Oct 2020. Applied and issued with Spouse Visa for my wife until SEP 2023. So what visa application type I need to apply for my wife when her visa gets expired. Is it FLR(M) ?

2. We are expecting a baby soon. I am told the baby by birth will be British citizen. I was also told I can let the baby decide when he/she attains age of 18 about his/her citizenship. Which passport or any official document I need to apply for the baby?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa query

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:20 am

1. FLR M extension yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alog1
Mood:
India

Post by alog1 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:21 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:20 am
1. FLR M extension yes.
Thank you

alog1
Mood:
India

Post by alog1 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:20 am

alog1 wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:17 am
Hi everyone,

I have a couple doubts, hoping to get it clarified here. Not sure if this is a right topic as I have varied questions. Please guide me through if I need to post it elsewhere in this forum.

1. I got ILR in Sep 2020 ( tier 2 general 5 yrs route), got married in Oct 2020. Applied and issued with Spouse Visa for my wife until SEP 2023. So what visa application type I need to apply for my wife when her visa gets expired. Is it FLR(M) ?

2. We are expecting a baby soon. I am told the baby by birth will be British citizen. I was also told I can let the baby decide when he/she attains age of 18 about his/her citizenship. Which passport or any official document I need to apply for the baby?

Thanks in advance.
Can someone please advise on the point 2?

alog1
Mood:
India

Post by alog1 » Mon May 09, 2022 8:01 am

alog1 wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:20 am
alog1 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance.
@Moderators, can you please advice on point 2?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Thu May 12, 2022 4:19 pm

alog1 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 8:01 am
alog1 wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:20 am
alog1 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance.
@Moderators, can you please advice on point 2?
If baby is born here in the UK, then the baby is British by birth, courtesy of you. You don't need to apply for a passport for the baby if you're not travelling out of country.

If you do intend to travel out of country, you can either apply for a British passport for the child or your country passport then apply and affix a ROA on it. This (ROA) would only last for the duration of the passport and expires with it.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!